SCARRY DREAMS

Options
Last night I received a wake up call in the form of a terrified scream from my son. I went in to check on him and he held on tight and would not let go when I got to his crib. I rocked him and snuggled him and he went back to sleep peacefully. Since he can't tell me I think that he had a bad dream. It made me wonder what are some of those crazy dreams that people have?

Here's mine: I'm being chased by Sleestacks(those bad guys from Land of the Lost), but eventually they change into a T-Rex. I think I'm safe by hiding in a house, but the T-Rex picks up the house and is looking in the windows, then I wake up. :noway: :noway:

I've had this dream on and off for about 20 years. :embarassed: :frown:

Replies

• HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Last night I received a wake up call in the form of a terrified scream from my son. I went in to check on him and he held on tight and would not let go when I got to his crib. I rocked him and snuggled him and he went back to sleep peacefully. Since he can't tell me I think that he had a bad dream. It made me wonder what are some of those crazy dreams that people have?

Here's mine: I'm being chased by Sleestacks(those bad guys from Land of the Lost), but eventually they change into a T-Rex. I think I'm safe by hiding in a house, but the T-Rex picks up the house and is looking in the windows, then I wake up. :noway: :noway:

I've had this dream on and off for about 20 years. :embarassed: :frown:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Poor kid! :heart: s to you!

I have a handfull of reaccuring "nightmares" that I never really remember. I just know how the dream is going while I'm dreaming. And there's that funny thing of "deja-vu" when I'm out and about in the real world. I'll be doing something and then suddenly I know exactly what is going to happen because I had a dream....usually it's little things like pieces of conversation or scents and a song.....telepathy!! hehehe
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    Mines always that I'm being chased by a werewolf or someother equally creepy thing trying to kill me. I get to my house and I'm standing (road side) of the little white picket fence. I'm facing the front door, my mom (or some other relative) walks out and I feel this wave of relief. I start to yell thier name and to scream for help....only I don't a voice. I can't make a sound. So I panic and jump the fence and run towards them...but they never see me. I usually wake up soon after that.

CREEEEEPPPPYYYYY! :laugh:
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    I wouldn't look to much into it... It could just be a dream about another child taking his toys.
    my husband is a police officer, I have some insane dreams I wake up screaming at least once a month, and more when he is working night.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I had one when I was really young that lasted a few years...I was trying to get onto a plane but the ticket taker kepted on turning into a monster and scaring me away.

And one I have had for the last few years...I go to school to find out I am standing there NAKED>>>> that is a nightmare! lol
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I have had nightmares all the time since I can remember. Some nights they keep me up because they just dont stop.. But my 2 reoccurring ones that ive had since i was about 5 years old are a possessed cat trying to kill me and its pupils are VERY large (like puss in boots when he tries to be cute, it scares me!!) and then I try to kill this cat but it keeps coming back and I feel bad for trying to hurt it. And then my other one is I go to my elementary school at night and in the back there is a forest so I start to walk home in it and then all these wolves eyes start to glow and then chase me.

I have kind gotten used to nightmares how ever since I have them all the time. At one point it was every night all night. Once I got pregnant they slowed down a bit so that was kind of a relief! haha
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Okay, now there will be a shrink on here trying to analyze all of us:laugh: :laugh: Oh well...I used to have the same dream quite often. I'd be somewhere (it'd vary) and look outside and there would be like 5 to 6 tornadoes all around me coming at me at once. Another one, since I'm a teacher, every August I would start having one about my class just acting like monkeys and not listening to me at all. They would be jumping on desks, running around, do the exact opposite that I tell them. I would not have control at all. Thank god it's just a dream:laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Okay, now there will be a shrink on here trying to analyze all of us:laugh: :laugh: Oh well...I used to have the same dream quite often. I'd be somewhere (it'd vary) and look outside and there would be like 5 to 6 tornadoes all around me coming at me at once. Another one, since I'm a teacher, every August I would start having one about my class just acting like monkeys and not listening to me at all. They would be jumping on desks, running around, do the exact opposite that I tell them. I would not have control at all. Thank god it's just a dream:laugh:

your tomato dream sounds like the cheesy old movie called "attack of the killer tomatoes" hahaha
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

I have dreams about Tornados ALL the time. and for as long as I can remember. I think for atleast 20 years.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I have a handfull of reaccuring "nightmares" that I never really remember. I just know how the dream is going while I'm dreaming. And there's that funny thing of "deja-vu" when I'm out and about in the real world. I'll be doing something and then suddenly I know exactly what is going to happen because I had a dream....usually it's little things like pieces of conversation or scents and a song.....telepathy!! hehehe

Creepy-- I have a deja vu too- it freaks me out cause it happens so much- from childhood to adulthood
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of dreams about being in the midst of a nuclear war, running with my family, hiding in school buses, and trying to find underground shelter and get to my in laws house(in real life they keep tons of boxed and canned food) Yeah those dreams really suck :cry:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Creepy-- I have a deja vu too- it freaks me out cause it happens so much- from childhood to adulthood

It's a trip. But, I am far from the 'all knowing and all powerful Oz'. I just think that sometimes God gives us a preview of our lives. And that the soul continues to return to the earth until it feels fulfilled and can return to the heavens.

A bit religous so early in the morning, but a person has to believe that there is a reason to exist or they will stop trying to exist. :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well I will not even START to analyze dreams
    But I did find a site that DOES tell you roughly what some dreams mean.
    www.dreammoods.com
    If you Google it there are a number of sites.
    Now Karen about your sons dream.
    Being a baby yet without too many fears. I think a couple of things might have happened.
    Dreams are often a combination of things that happened to us the day before. our brains way of sorting out the happenings of the day.
    So if you remember what happened to your son that day you might be able to GUESS what his dream was. Hurt on the play ground, something that he was not happy about, like a hair cut. He fell, You did not respond quick enough and he felt abandond. He was in the room when a scarry movie was on TV.
    He meet someone that he did not like...
    Another thing that comes to mind, My Mother always told me that before she had an asthma attack that she had the WORST dreams. I have heard other people say the same thing...
    Not to scare you, but you might want to take him in for a good old fashioned once over and make sure he is in tip top shape.
    --Diann...
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options

your tomato dream sounds like the cheesy old movie called "attack of the killer tomatoes" hahaha

Not tomato...tor nado:laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options

Not tomato...tor nado:laugh:

ah dang my reading! hahahaha I thought that was an odd dream hahahaha I thought wow someone must REALLY not like tomatoes hahaha