Putting it all out there...

Options
I need to be honest about my fear of accountability. I am feeling so huge with female issues and I am afraid to step back on that scale. My clothes are getting tight again and I have even been avoiding mfp. Enough is enough. Went to the store last night and stocked up on healthy food. My husband tried to hide his cookies from me but they were too easy to find when I woke up in the middle of the night and I had 1/2 of one and gulped down some Coconut Milk. I have to get to the bottom of my need to eat or drink something sweet if I wake up at night, my coffee habits, and my inconsistent exercise. I usually eat right, but those are my downfall. It ends now. I got through an alcohol addiction, I can get through these too darn it!

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have found that most recovering alcoholics always need sugar... Maybe you should try researching it :)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I used to get up in the middle of the night and eat too but the one thing that has helped is when I workout, I make sure I do it hard enough that I have nothing left when I'm done. That way I'm so tired by the time I go to bed that I don't even wake up any more.
  • taliyai
    Options
    When I am craving sweets in the nighttime, I make myself a hot or cold cup of Earl Gray Decaf Tea with 2-3 packets of Splenda. It's so sweet, and so relaxing... I'm satisfied and go to bed right after. Try it out?
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I tried to keep crackers at my bedside. Two crackers and I am back to sleep. But walking to the kitchen, really wakes me up. I have trouble with nausea, becvause of the meds that I take.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. You just have to committ yourself to this. I joined about 10 days ago and it was so hard for me to write everything I ate in the food diary. It makes you think first "do I really want to add this"? Carbs are my temptation! Make lots of friends on here so you can surround yourself with positive influence. That will help you big time! Just make a decision that you are gonna do this!!! That is what I did. My weight has been like a yo yo all my life and realize it is going to have to be a permanent lifestyle change for me. Period! You can do this girl:) Add me if you like and we can do it together:)
  • justmegan82
    Options
    I took a special weight loss class at my local YMCA and they had someone come in and talk to us who was successful at weight loss and was currently in the maintaining mode. ANYWAY! She said she weaned herself off a sugar addiction with potatoes! She said she ate tons of baked potatoes (w/ low fat extras) and found she didn't crave sugar as much. It took some time but it worked for her. Maybe it was psychological but who cares! It had the same affect! Another friend of mine says she makes baked potatoes and puts salt, pepper and lemon juice on it and she loves it.

So I thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to try it. I know it's tough but hang in there!!!