Hi Everyone, Newbie Here!

Options
LuvinLife
LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
Hi Everyone,

My name is Claire and just started logging in yesterday. I'm am starting up again because I have been gaining back some weight that I lost between last November thru January. I had been using a different site to log in my foods and exercise, but that website is no longer on the internet. I have gained 10lbs back and found this site. I really like it and everyone seems so supportive which is something I need and also like to give to others. I have a total of 40lbs to lose now and am ready to get to it!!!

I am a 34yo mother of 4. I currently live in Northern Michigan where winters are long and sunny days are cherished. Because I don't like the snow so much, my treadmill is my exercise constant although we haven't been seeing each other much since January. Since the weather is nice, I'm walking for 45minutes each morning plus I love to garden. It's so beautiful here, I really enjoy it.

I tend to go with the old mantra, "calories in, calories out". I don't tend to pay much attention to the carbs, fat, and protein. I admire everyone who can balance it perfectly. My diet tends to be pretty regimented, but I let myself look forward to those occasions where I get to have a treat like holidays and birthdays. I let myself have whatever I want on those days. I may gain a pound or two from it, but it comes right off within the next couple of days when I start back up. Otherwise, to tame my very strong sweet tooth, I eat popsicles and sugar free pudding and fudgsicles.

Well, enough of my babbling, I am happy to have found this site and community!! I look forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully giving some support!

Take Care All!
Claire

Replies

• LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Claire and just started logging in yesterday. I'm am starting up again because I have been gaining back some weight that I lost between last November thru January. I had been using a different site to log in my foods and exercise, but that website is no longer on the internet. I have gained 10lbs back and found this site. I really like it and everyone seems so supportive which is something I need and also like to give to others. I have a total of 40lbs to lose now and am ready to get to it!!!

I am a 34yo mother of 4. I currently live in Northern Michigan where winters are long and sunny days are cherished. Because I don't like the snow so much, my treadmill is my exercise constant although we haven't been seeing each other much since January. Since the weather is nice, I'm walking for 45minutes each morning plus I love to garden. It's so beautiful here, I really enjoy it.

I tend to go with the old mantra, "calories in, calories out". I don't tend to pay much attention to the carbs, fat, and protein. I admire everyone who can balance it perfectly. My diet tends to be pretty regimented, but I let myself look forward to those occasions where I get to have a treat like holidays and birthdays. I let myself have whatever I want on those days. I may gain a pound or two from it, but it comes right off within the next couple of days when I start back up. Otherwise, to tame my very strong sweet tooth, I eat popsicles and sugar free pudding and fudgsicles.

Well, enough of my babbling, I am happy to have found this site and community!! I look forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully giving some support!

Take Care All!
    Claire
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Welcome and you'll love it here.
    Every one is really suportive.
    I've been here for a few months now!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: !
    I feel the same way you do and it has been working for me. I love this site and it takes the work out and makes the journey fun :smile:
    Wishing you great success :drinker:
    24167.png
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome to "mfp..the place to be!" Happy you are here. You will have awesome support and enlightening information from this site. You spoke of "cals. in and cals. out."..I thought the same. There are many informational threads on this matter. Although I am sorry that I am unable to post them to you I am certain other members will be able to gladly do so. Best wishes to you on your goals.