What is going on?

Options
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't quite find it....so I figured I'd ask! :)

I am only trying to lose about 20 lbs I've gained during college. I've been working out for a few weeks now, but I haven't noticed much of a change in my weight. I am doing cardio and some stregnth training to work on my abs. Am I not noticing a difference, because I went from such a lazy lifestyle, to suddenly working out and eating better? Or am I gaining muscle, and that's why I feel like I'm not losing anything? Any answers to this would be helpful. It's just confusing me, because last summer I worked out and lost weight very steadily and regularly. Thanks!

Replies

• meggy88
    meggy88 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't quite find it....so I figured I'd ask! :)

I am only trying to lose about 20 lbs I've gained during college. I've been working out for a few weeks now, but I haven't noticed much of a change in my weight. I am doing cardio and some stregnth training to work on my abs. Am I not noticing a difference, because I went from such a lazy lifestyle, to suddenly working out and eating better? Or am I gaining muscle, and that's why I feel like I'm not losing anything? Any answers to this would be helpful. It's just confusing me, because last summer I worked out and lost weight very steadily and regularly. Thanks!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats for starting a fresh lifestyle.....keep it up......you could be putting on muscle....go by how your clothes fit more than the scale....you could also be having fluid fluctuations.....
    If you haven't read it......The Best Life Diet is great for explaining changes in the first stages of lifestyle change (i am an rn certified diabetes educator/exercise physiologist)....it is also motivating....