water?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Sure can. But make sure to check if you need to log the packets. Some may not have calories, but other items you might be tracking. And it's good to get in the habit of keeping everything 'on the books' as they say.

Also green tea (that you brew at home, not the kinds like "Arizona Green Tea" with all the sugars) and black coffee totally count toward your water amount! :)
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    When I get bored of plain water- I will carbonate my own bottle water (no sodium or additives) then add either a tiny splash of Pom (Pom-Blueberry is my favorite) OR squeeze a slice of orange into it.

Yum!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've started on 8 and will increase when I get used to this.

Crystal Light packets help many people or I believe Koolaid puts one out as well.

Teas are good (watch for sugar intake).

What I have done, is gotten a water bottle that is a kid's size (16oz total) and start off with that. I hated water but I told myself I had to finish the bottle once (at first) and now am up to 6, 8oz per day.
  • lawdhelpme2
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Maggie,

Thanks for clarifying that! I have never heard it broke down into half your body weight. I was going to say that is a lot of water.

Happy to help. :glasses:
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I really don't like water like that. How do you guys get it down?

I'm not sure how to help with the not liking water part since I've always liked drinking water. But, I have a more difficult time drinking much if I'm drinking it from a water bottle. It just goes down too slowly for me. So, I prefer to chug about 2 cups at a time, a few times a day. It's easier to do so if I'm drinking from a cup. I just make sure it holds 16+ oz, fill it up and drink it all down at once.

And remember... If you're thirsty, your body's already becoming dehydrated. So, drink some water before you feel thirsty to remain properly hydrated.