Has anyone read the book 'skinny *****'?

Options
2»

Replies

• mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    I have it and yea it is a litte negative, but I like to think of it as the best friend who tells you what you need to know! They don't sugar coat anything, they tell you how it is. You can't sit on your *kitten* and eat crap all day and expect to be thin and pretty....so true!

And I am vegan so of course I like the recipes and ideas in the book, but even if you are not vegan there is still a lot to take from the book. If you are not interested in the chapters explaining meat and dairy, you can skip over them. But the info about sugars (good and bad), exercising, diet drinks, smoking, etc etc. That applies to everyone, not just vegans.

I would recommend it, i re-read the beginning pretty often. Its motivational to me, and I enjoy the way the authors lay it out.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I loved it! But then again...I'm a vegetarian with vegan tendancies...no leather, no silk, no carmine, no animal testing...ect. So it appealed to me. If you're not interested in becoming vegan then this book isn't meant for you.

I'm interested in adopting a lot of Vegan eating and living habits. I'm not interested in Skinny *****es telling me I have to! :bigsmile:

Seriously, I was raised as a Fundamentalist. These days I leave Fundamentalism out of everything - including my eating.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I didnt like it so much it was very rude and start foward! lol but it was funny...and they have a meal plan for how ever many weeks but when has all that stuff in there kitchen come on now! lol :happy:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I read it. It's humorous, but pretty informative. There is a chapter on animal cruely that you should probably not read if you are a meat eater and plan to stay that way. I decided after reading the book that I would never eat pork, chicken, or beef again.
  • nahtsalmon
    Options
    I thought it was humorous, but following their instructions would be too difficult for most. They believe that the only way to be thin is to be an extremely strict vegan, and they bash all non-vegan foods throughout the book. If you do not plan on being vegan, I'd say it could still be interesting for you to read because it makes you think twice about eating processed food, and it educates you about where your food comes from.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    just about to finish it AND LOVE IT! It's great and I highly recommend it.