Female Question

Options
when i weigh in this week it will be my TOM:sick: :grumble: :cry:
so i was wondering how much leeway should one give for bloating from T.O.M when weighing in?
or just totally ignore this week and skip it until next week?:ohwell: :embarassed:

Replies

• laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    when i weigh in this week it will be my TOM:sick: :grumble: :cry:
    so i was wondering how much leeway should one give for bloating from T.O.M when weighing in?
    or just totally ignore this week and skip it until next week?:ohwell: :embarassed:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I ignore those weeks and wait until all the bloatiness and cruddiness goes away. Otherwise it makes my PMS kick in even more :laugh:
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i figured as much
    thanks!
    now to stay away from the chocolate:sad:
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    I gained 12 pounds overnight last week! I think the amount of weight gain varies from woman to woman, but it was completely discouraging for me to be eating 1200 calories a day and that extra 12 pounds would not come off no matter what I did....then over the weekend, I dropped six pounds on Friday night, four pounds on Saturday and then another five pounds on Sunday. I felt better but that one week made me want to give up completely. I would recommend skipping the weigh in that week...the stress was too great for me.
  • Mattsgirl135
    Options
    I always make sure to mark my bloating on the calendar that way I don't blame myself. Numbers/ dates don't lie...my self esteem has a way of making me feel like it's all my fault, but when I check the calendar for the months before it makes me feel better to know "the cycle" is repeating itself and I had nothing to do with it :)
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! I wondered the same thing this morning (started cycling yesterday for the first time since my son's birth - 17 months ago!! woohoo!) and I was totally worried about weighing in. I thought I'd be down a tiny bit more than I was but figured it was due to the T.O.M so thanks for getting feedback on it!! We always have to look at the longer range picture anyway since one higher sodium day can pull your numbers around for a couple of days too...
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You could weight and make note of any changes--that way, you can spot patterns relating to those wonderful times of our lives (:grumble: ) and not get too freaked out when bloat does happen.