Turbo Abs

Options
pkd1
pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
Did Ab Jams today from the turbo jams dvd , well the turbo jams is under kick boxing, but what do I log for the ab jams? sit ups??? i dont know how to log it a little help here PLEASE, Thanks

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Just create a cardio exercise. It's the easy way to work in everything you do through the week.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :love: :love: Yeah Turbo Jam!! i lovvve it sooo much! i just need to get back into it. but i absolutly adore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :happy:
  • pkd1
    Options
    Just create a cardio exercise. It's the easy way to work in everything you do through the week.

Im also doing JM 30 day shred level 2 (circuit training) but didnt know if i should lost the ab jam as kick boxing (for the first 10 mins your standing and doing kickboxing for your abs) the next 10 mins is on the floor??? so im alittle confused :laugh:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    While most people might not agree with my view...I always have viewed an ab work as "icing on the cake". While I make sure to do ab work at least 2-3 days a week..I never include that workout into my calories. Mostly because, while its a great workout, you are laying on the floor and therefore its very hard to judge how many calories you are burning. I've found is that its hard to estimate calories burned, even while wearing a HRM. I typically do ab workouts after some sort of cardio or strength training workout. But, I don't ever add the "calorie burn" into my daily alottment. Just what I typically do anyways....so I thought I would throw that out there as an option.

Although, if I remember correctly....Ab Jam has some standing up portions. In that case...where you are doing a non-traditional ab workout/core workout....I would enter a cardio exercise for that as a previous poster said. Traditional ab work on the floor, I typically don't include in my daily calorie alottment. But, standing core work I do :)

BTW, I teach Turbo Kick classes which is the "class" version of Turbo Jam. If you are looking for some other great at home exercises...Turbo Fire is awesome (especially if you get the extra DVDs). Its got a variety of timed workouts 15minutes-60 minutes...plus some strength training, ab workouts, Piyo, HIIT, and cardio workouts. I think its great if people like Turbo Jam but want to step it up a notch! :) Doing Turbo Jam was my favorite in college!! I am in love with Chalene's workouts!!! WOO HOO!
  • pkd1
    Options
    While most people might not agree with my view...I always have viewed an ab work as "icing on the cake". While I make sure to do ab work at least 2-3 days a week..I never include that workout into my calories. Mostly because, while its a great workout, you are laying on the floor and therefore its very hard to judge how many calories you are burning. I've found is that its hard to estimate calories burned, even while wearing a HRM. I typically do ab workouts after some sort of cardio or strength training workout. But, I don't ever add the "calorie burn" into my daily alottment. Just what I typically do anyways....so I thought I would throw that out there as an option.

Although, if I remember correctly....Ab Jam has some standing up portions. In that case...where you are doing a non-traditional ab workout/core workout....I would enter a cardio exercise for that as a previous poster said. Traditional ab work on the floor, I typically don't include in my daily calorie alottment. But, standing core work I do :)

BTW, I teach Turbo Kick classes which is the "class" version of Turbo Jam. If you are looking for some other great at home exercises...Turbo Fire is awesome (especially if you get the extra DVDs). Its got a variety of timed workouts 15minutes-60 minutes...plus some strength training, ab workouts, Piyo, HIIT, and cardio workouts. I think its great if people like Turbo Jam but want to step it up a notch! :) Doing Turbo Jam was my favorite in college!! I am in love with Chalene's workouts!!! WOO HOO!

Thank you, Ill look into the turbo fire and thanks for the info on the ab jams