Reward yourself

I was thinking that what we are all doing is not easy. We all set out goals and reaching it is a reward like no other. I think we deserve more. I am setting reward goals for myself. When I lose 20 pounds, I am going to go and get a pedicure, 30 I will get a manicure, 50 a massage of a life time. 75 I am going to get a tattoo, and when I hit my goal, I am going to the beach and sporting a swimsuit. It will be a one piece. I don't want to make the other women out there jelious. Oh, one more thing, when I get to a size 12 pant-currently a 20-I am getting a total makeover. I hope you all will join me in rewarding ourselfs. I think we more than deserve it.
Here's to fit, beautiful, and pampered-our future!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I was thinking that what we are all doing is not easy. We all set out goals and reaching it is a reward like no other. I think we deserve more. I am setting reward goals for myself. When I lose 20 pounds, I am going to go and get a pedicure, 30 I will get a manicure, 50 a massage of a life time. 75 I am going to get a tattoo, and when I hit my goal, I am going to the beach and sporting a swimsuit. It will be a one piece. I don't want to make the other women out there jelious. Oh, one more thing, when I get to a size 12 pant-currently a 20-I am getting a total makeover. I hope you all will join me in rewarding ourselfs. I think we more than deserve it.
    Here's to fit, beautiful, and pampered-our future!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Great idea! I'm right there with you and set my goal to May (and BTW: I'm doing so well that I added another 3 pound loss to it - just an even 40 lbs). Then I booked a once in a lifetime trip to Bimini for 7 days and a "Wild Dolphin Excursion" where I will not only get to swim with the dolphins, but be in the gin-clear waters of the Bahamas on other trips too - like to the "Road to Atlantis" a sunken road believed to be from the lost city.

Eyes on the PRIZE. Soon as I get back, I'll plan another trip with bathing suits involved. I grew up in Florida, now live in Seattle, and there is no warm water here other than pools to swim in. I miss the ocean.

cm
  • icandoit
    Great idea! I'm right there with you and set my goal to May (and BTW: I'm doing so well that I added another 3 pound loss to it - just an even 40 lbs). Then I booked a once in a lifetime trip to Bimini for 7 days and a "Wild Dolphin Excursion" where I will not only get to swim with the dolphins, but be in the gin-clear waters of the Bahamas on other trips too - like to the "Road to Atlantis" a sunken road believed to be from the lost city.

Eyes on the PRIZE. Soon as I get back, I'll plan another trip with bathing suits involved. I grew up in Florida, now live in Seattle, and there is no warm water here other than pools to swim in. I miss the ocean.

cm

That sound so fun. You can make you goal!!!! and enjoy your trip of a lifetime.
    I am in CA and the water here is cold too. I am not swimming, I am just going to walk up and down the beach. Soaking up the rays and enjoying the new and improved me.
  • I couldn't think of a reward for losing weight until I recently joined a gym with a spa. I decided to treat myself to an 80 minute massage for every 10 lbs. that I loose. I can't wait!
  • I love this idea, too! I've lost 22 lbs so far. I probably would like to lose another 30 but that seems to much to think about so I'm just focused on the next 10. I'm going to Jamaica in a month and plan on getting one of those massage's! I'm also splurging on some new clothes! Can't wait!!!
  • icandoit
    Well, I am down to a size smaller since I started. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but it's the inches. I didn't set a goal for inches. I am doing it now. My husband is going out of town on a 2 day Harley Ride, and I am going to have my mom watch the kids, and I am getting a full body message. There is a lady in town that does a 2 hour one for $50. I think I deserve it.
    Anybody else rewarding themselves??
  • icandoit
    :tongue:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    A new outfit for every 10 lbs. Can't wait to get there! But a massage sounds so good too!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Just received the new sears summer catalogue, and I see some new clothes in my future...:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Great incentive progam icandoit :smile:
  • My rewards...

If I eat good the whole month then I get one day that I can eat over my daily calorie limit. This month is a month that I won't get my treat because I ate 153 calories over my limit today. :(

When I drop 10 pounds I am going to treat myself to a haircut by a professional instead of one from myself.

When I lose all the weight that I want to lose I want to treat myself to a tummy tuck and excess skin removal. Of course this goal takes $$$$ so I may not get it right away unless I can convince my hubby to take out a loan.
  • Spruitt57
    Spruitt57 Posts: 16 Member
    I was just thinking about this before I found this discussion. I like to make my goals smaller. Incase I get hung up at a weight for some reason. So for every two weeks I'll treat my self some how. Not sure how yet but I'm guessing it involves shopping. :tongue: That way I train myself that any effort towards the cause is a good effort!

Good luck all!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    My rewards...

If I eat good the whole month then I get one day that I can eat over my daily calorie limit. This month is a month that I won't get my treat because I ate 153 calories over my limit today. :(

When I drop 10 pounds I am going to treat myself to a haircut by a professional instead of one from myself.

When I lose all the weight that I want to lose I want to treat myself to a tummy tuck and excess skin removal. Of course this goal takes $$$$ so I may not get it right away unless I can convince my hubby to take out a loan.

Only 153 cals? You can burn that off easily in an extra 20-30 min on the elliptical! A teeny amount like that shouldn't be something you punish yourself for. You can still have your reward day, and you should, because if you skip out everytime you go over just a bit, you'll never get to have a free day. Those high calorie days are actually really good for you, because an excess of calories prevents your leptin levels from falling too low--so it helps prevent plateaus! Even when bodybuilders are trying to reach *very* low bodyfat they do this (a 'refeed) to keep their fatloss going. If it's all healthy food, that's even better.

My challenge is no cheat days (only clean refeeds) until March 3rd, and I'll buy myself a birthday outfit. If I'm not 15% bodyfat by then, when I do reach it I'm getting a tattoo. If I have abs by the summer, I'm getting myself a professional spray tan! :bigsmile:
  • Thanks for the info. I just hate going over my calories so soon. I want to do good this time and stick with my diet plan. I just don't know what to eat that tastes like real food not cardboard. I am use to cooking good down home cookin' type food. I love noodles, breads, and veggies. But I know I can't just eat noodles all the time. Plus my hubby and kids don't like most foods that I do like, so I end up having to make myself a whole separate meal from them and it sucks.
  • I am going to the Virgin Islands (why I am losing the weight, not the reward) in July and I promised myself that I would get my belly button re-pierced in May if I am down 25 lbs. And, hey, if I feel like I am looking good, I just might do it anyway!! :bigsmile:

I have a big reunion coming up in February and I want to lose 10 lbs before then. I am getting a new pair of jeans and a haircut to show off the hot new bod! :laugh:

I will say that I have only lost about 9 lbs so far and I don't really see the difference, but I had 2 separate friends yesterday that I hadn't seen since before the holidays tell me that I looked good and they could tell I had lost weight! That is the BIGGEST motivator! I highly recommend it!! Good luck on your goals!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Thanks for the info. I just hate going over my calories so soon. I want to do good this time and stick with my diet plan. I just don't know what to eat that tastes like real food not cardboard. I am use to cooking good down home cookin' type food. I love noodles, breads, and veggies. But I know I can't just eat noodles all the time. Plus my hubby and kids don't like most foods that I do like, so I end up having to make myself a whole separate meal from them and it sucks.

You can make good stuff, just change it up a little! :) Last night my bf and I made split pea soup from a boxed mix...that just had peas and some lentils. Instead of adding ham, we added turkey ham, so there was very little fat added and a lot of protein. And your family will adjust eventually..I mean if you cook it, they can either eat it or choose not to, and if they don't, they'll have to go without or make something on their own. It won't take them long to realize that mom's healthy cooking is better than the alternative. :wink:
  • I really love this reward idea. My reward will be in sizes as I shrink into some clothes I saw today that I want to buy and, can you believe it? Swimsuits were in Target today. I don't want to buy the XL.
    I'll have to think on it some more, but my goal is to be down to my goal weight by August and ready to head to the beach for 2 weeks with my hubby. That's the incentive for me.
    I love reading all of yours.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I officially reached my 50 pound goal this morning. I think I will get my hair done & maybe a massage too!
  • I officially reached my 50 pound goal this morning. I think I will get my hair done & maybe a massage too!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Woohoo! Julie, congratulations! That's a big milestone!