Blender Carrot Sauce

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
Ok so I was originally going to make some carrot juice but when I got going and saw the consistency my mind got going and this is what I did!

1 large carrot
1 large clove garlic
2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 cup water

Blend up those ingredients until smooth and thick

I then cooked up some bhutanese red rice and when the rice was about 3/4 of the way done I added that sauce into the pan and let the whole thing simmer covered for 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. My house smelled FABULOUS. Anyways, it gets dark and looks like meat sauce and lemme tell you it tastes a lot like meat sauce too! I just ate the whole thing topped with so parmesan and it was so yummy and filled me up.

I figured the whole thing to be around 180 calories. I think it would be tasty with spinach, or in wheat hotdog buns with cheese...mmmm meatless sloppy joes! lol Seriously, it sounds weird, but it was sooo good :)
P.S. Quite garlicy, so keep the mints handy :laugh:

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was originally going to make some carrot juice but when I got going and saw the consistency my mind got going and this is what I did!

1 large carrot
    1 large clove garlic
    2 tsp italian seasoning
    1/4 cup water

Blend up those ingredients until smooth and thick

I then cooked up some bhutanese red rice and when the rice was about 3/4 of the way done I added that sauce into the pan and let the whole thing simmer covered for 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. My house smelled FABULOUS. Anyways, it gets dark and looks like meat sauce and lemme tell you it tastes a lot like meat sauce too! I just ate the whole thing topped with so parmesan and it was so yummy and filled me up.

I figured the whole thing to be around 180 calories. I think it would be tasty with spinach, or in wheat hotdog buns with cheese...mmmm meatless sloppy joes! lol Seriously, it sounds weird, but it was sooo good :)
    P.S. Quite garlicy, so keep the mints handy :laugh: