Favorite Song

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Okay, since we are doing favorites, what are some of your all time favorite songs and why?

1. Amazing Grace- Just because
2. He Stopped Loving Her Today-George Jones Reminds me of the love my dad had for my mom.
3. Always and Forever-Heatwave
4. Fall-Clay Walker That's how I felt when my dad passed away and I was taking care of my mom. I just wanted to fall but I had to be strong.

Next???????????????

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    Okay, since we are doing favorites, what are some of your all time favorite songs and why?

1. Amazing Grace- Just because
    2. He Stopped Loving Her Today-George Jones Reminds me of the love my dad had for my mom.
    3. Always and Forever-Heatwave
    4. Fall-Clay Walker That's how I felt when my dad passed away and I was taking care of my mom. I just wanted to fall but I had to be strong.

Next???????????????

Memaw
  • memaw66
    Options
    What's going on??? No one has a favorite song or songs??? Or no one likes me????:sad:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What's going on??? No one has a favorite song or songs??? Or no one likes me????:sad:

I'm trying to think of one..... :laugh:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Me too :wink: ! I'm so old that I going thru the decades :laugh:
    Let me think & I'll list some :tongue:

Ok here are some off the top of my head :noway:

Till Then, Cab Driver etc by the Mills Brothers
    Don’t by Elvis
    I’m Sorry by Brenda Lee
    Greenfield’s by The Brothers Four
    Daddy Don’t you Walk so Fast by Wayne Newton
    My Way by Frank Sinatra and Paul Anka who wrote it
    Times of Your Life by Paul Anka
    Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton John
    The Best Gift by Barbra Streisand (most all of her songs)
    Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood
    Smokey Mountain Memories by David Archuleta

I also love so many of the others named above!! Music what a gift :flowerforyou:

24167.png
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Ok....
    1. Star Spangeled Banner (For a million reasons)
    2. Umbrella by Rhianna
    3.Coat of many colors Dolly Parton
    4. My Name is Sue Johnny Cash
    5. Sugar Def Leopard

and a ton more, just those were the first to come to mind. I don't discriminate!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It's hard to choose just one but I'll say Dwelling in Buelah Land. I want that song sung at my funeral. Really loud. :bigsmile:
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow this is a hard one..soooooo many options.

Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain by Willie Nelson
    Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
    Whiskey River by Willie Nelson
    You Save Me by Kenny Chesney
    Try a Little Tenderness by Three Dog Night
    And When I Die by Blood, Sweat, and Tears

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
  • Fab140
    Options
    Sweet Home Alabama. I'm not a Southren Belle, but I LOVE that song!!

Anything with bagpipes......Long live the Drop Kick Murpheys!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Sweet Home Alabama. I'm not a Southren Belle, but I LOVE that song!!

Anything with bagpipes......Long live the Drop Kick Murpheys!

I LOVE DKM!!!!!!! I've seen them too....soooo cool!:glasses:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    [

I LOVE DKM!!!!!!! I've seen them too....soooo cool!:glasses:

I would think "Super Freak" for you Miz. Ali! :happy:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

This is so tough...I like so many different types of music

It's hard to narrow down but
    Something from The Cure would be on my list (can't pick just one)
    Natalie Merchant (again a few) but I really love Trouble Me
    Fuel Bad day and Shimmer
    Wish u were here, Pink Floyd

And I would throw in a few other songs from India Arie, Sade, Alicia Keys, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow etc

Kim
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well...hmm this should be interesting...lol

okay

Danny Boy....because my mom would sing it to me as a little girl (my request) and I'd cry my heart out...and she's say that was going to be the last time she sang it...lol...but I'd win her over again the next night...such a pretty sad song!...and my mom has a beautiful voice! lol)

That's Amore...because my dad would sing it, he also had a gorgeous voice....and all those old Italian crooner songs...lol....when I first had my son...my dad and all his brother's had all passed away over the 5 yrs prior...and well I dreamt of them all at a big round table...and That's Amore was playing and they were all passing my baby around holding him up kissing him and it was soooo amazing! :heart: so ya that song is one of the favs!

Tiny Dancer...because my first love used to tell me it reminded him of me and would sing it to me ...
    and he was amazing....

Your are the sunshine of my life...by stevie wonder....because I've sung it to my son since the day he was conceived...lol...I know he heard it in my belly lol

Close to you...by Karen Carpenter...because I'd sing this to my son everyday when he was a baby....and he'd love it...and now when I sing it he lights up still....and then puts him hand over my mouth...LMBO....

No One ...by Alicia Keys...again it reminds me of me and my son...and makes me cry and really happy!

okay that's all I can muster up now LMBO...feeling sooo sentimental LMBO

hugs!!!
    Ali
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I dont have ONE favorite song.. I usually like on song for a while and it changes... right now i like

*The Safest Place - Thousand Foot Krutch. Its about addictions and I really can relate to it

*Praise You in this Storm - Casting Crowns. Because I am going through so much now and need to remember to praise God in the storm.

*Spirit Thing - Newsboys. Reminds me of a song I loved when I was little and makes me happy and excited!

*Our God Saves - Paul Baloche, Its just so uplifting and spirit filled!! How can you not like it??

Oh and

*Made To Love - Toby Mac, Reminds me of how great God is and how I love him and he loves me

Im corny eh hahaha
  • Crystal019
    Crystal019 Posts: 26
    Options
    Anything by Nelly Furtado
    My Love by Justin Timberlake
    Just Got Started Lovin' You by James Otto
    Last Name by Carrie Underwood
    War by Ill Nino
    C'mon Suzie by Indigenous

I could go on and on, I love all types of music.
  • Fab140
    Options
    well...hmm this should be interesting...lol

okay

Danny Boy....because my mom would sing it to me as a little girl (my request) and I'd cry my heart out...and she's say that was going to be the last time she sang it...lol...but I'd win her over again the next night...such a pretty sad song!...and my mom has a beautiful voice! lol)

That's Amore...because my dad would sing it, he also had a gorgeous voice....and all those old Italian crooner songs...lol....when I first had my son...my dad and all his brother's had all passed away over the 5 yrs prior...and well I dreamt of them all at a big round table...and That's Amore was playing and they were all passing my baby around holding him up kissing him and it was soooo amazing! :heart: so ya that song is one of the favs!

Tiny Dancer...because my first love used to tell me it reminded him of me and would sing it to me ...
    and he was amazing....

Your are the sunshine of my life...by stevie wonder....because I've sung it to my son since the day he was conceived...lol...I know he heard it in my belly lol

Close to you...by Karen Carpenter...because I'd sing this to my son everyday when he was a baby....and he'd love it...and now when I sing it he lights up still....and then puts him hand over my mouth...LMBO....

No One ...by Alicia Keys...again it reminds me of me and my son...and makes me cry and really happy!

okay that's all I can muster up now LMBO...feeling sooo sentimental LMBO

hugs!!!
    Ali

:sad: :sad: but happy tears and lots of goose bumps! What a love you are!!
  • memaw66
    Options
    Whew!!! I feel better. I was beginning to feel like you didn't like me!!! lol
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My oh my. There r so many.

If we are the body: Casting Crowns The song says it all.

I can only imagine: Mercy Me

Macy's day parade: Green Day

Chasing cars: Snow Patrol I love the music

Do It Again: Beach Boys memories

The Flame: Cheap Trick I love anything they do.

I could go on and on and on and............................................................................................
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Boy you sure opened a can of worms LOL Or alot of memories for all :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Options

13535__3fields_l.jpg

:laugh:
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok....

Sattelite: Dave Matthews Band (and everrrrrrry other song by them!!!!):heart::heart:
    Back in Black: AC/DC :drinker: :drinker:
    Breathe: Pink Floyd:smile::smile:
    Tessie: Dropkick Murphy's:love::love:
    Almost Lover: A Fine Frenzy :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

I can go on and on and on and on....I am a HUGE music lover!

:heart: Rachel