True Blood

Options

Replies

• MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am a slave to Sookie Stackhouse. Or would like to be.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I do, although I was really disappointed with last season.
  • miss_thang1619
    Options
    "I love you Sookie Stackhouse"
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was pretty disappointed with most of S3. I'm hopeful, however, that S4 will be better.

@zorbaru That does sound interesting. I tend to be an 'occult fiction of all types' girl, so I'll probably have to check that one out soon. ^_^ If nothing else, having something to swap in for True Blood during c25k would likely make DH very happy. There's really only so many times he can watch it. XD
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a Truebie. :heart: I've turned most of my family, too. My nieces (the adult nieces, anyway) were all Twi-hards until they saw TB.

I like the books more. And yeah... Book 4. *sigh* I love Eric. *sigh* A viking AND a vampire? These are a few of my favorite things!

I love Being Human, too. The characters are all so lovable. It's PG, but certainly not fluff.
  • bzr21
    bzr21 Posts: 13
    Options
    I do, I do!! I cannot wait for the next season!
  • Hermione195
    Options
    LOVE True Blood!!!!!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I love the TV show and the books :D I went to a Charlaine Harris book signing and she was such a genuinely lovely woman. EVERYONE there was getting book 4 signed haha. She told us about how she got to meet Alexander Skarsgard (the guy playing Eric Northman) and how pretty and tall he is and me and my friends were all so jealous lol. (:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    anyone that read the books notice that the started sticking with the book timeline pretty close (but added other elements) but even tho season 3 was loosely book 3 but ......

**** SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED SEASON 3 OR READ THE BOOKS ****

Sookie doesnt find out that hadley has a telepath son until book 7 but she found out at the end of this season.

If next season goes to book 4 it should be unmissable for all the women, it will be the one where Eric looses his memory and Jason becomes a werepanther
  • adamstc88
    adamstc88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just saw this topic...........I LOVE TRUE BLOOD. But I love the books more. I am a big Eric Fan. In love with Eric in the books, I don't care for Bill Compton. Also love Alcide, that is one hot were! I really wish the True Blood would follow the books more, but I still like the show.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    if they followed the books too closely people wouldnt watch as thy would know what is going to happen. its a bit different to twilight which follows the books to the word (pretty much) because its only a 2 hour movie.

the sookie books only follow sookie and in most tv series you need to have a couple of side stories or it wont be interesting for the whole season.
  • rlysrh
    Options
    anyone that read the books notice that the started sticking with the book timeline pretty close (but added other elements) but even tho season 3 was loosely book 3 but ......

**** SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED SEASON 3 OR READ THE BOOKS ****

Sookie doesnt find out that hadley has a telepath son until book 7 but she found out at the end of this season.

If next season goes to book 4 it should be unmissable for all the women, it will be the one where Eric looses his memory and Jason becomes a werepanther

Oh my god. I hope SO badly they stick to book four. That would be awesome (:
    I just saw this topic...........I LOVE TRUE BLOOD. But I love the books more. I am a big Eric Fan. In love with Eric in the books, I don't care for Bill Compton. Also love Alcide, that is one hot were! I really wish the True Blood would follow the books more, but I still like the show.

I'm a big Eric fan too. (:
    Then again who isn't? haha
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Y'all are absolutely welcome to The Mendacious Mr Compton. I'll take the Viking, please... Oh, please? XD

ROFL
    I'll take Eric in the series, in the books AND in bed ok? Thank you :]
    I've read all the books just so I could get some Eric and hello Eric fans..BOOK FOUR. That's all I'm going to say.
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love True Blood too. I have read all the Sookie Stackhouse books as well. Can't wait till the new season later this year :)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i love , love , LOVE trueblood. books and show. too bad we have to wait so long until the next season.
  • rlysrh
    Options
    Who else is excited for the new book? I think its out in may? I'm not sure. But I think we get a bit more Eric in this one. Hopefully <3
  • miriamtorason
    Options
    New book is in May, S4 is in June.

There are rumors all over that Eric WILL suffer amnesia in S4, but all I can find is unconfirmed sources - Alan Ball, though, says that Eric's storyline this season is his favorite!!

RE: SPOILERIFFICNESS!!!

If the series sticks *too* closely to the books, all the bookies (myself included) will be nit-picking the minor details. Deviating allows for those of us who know the Sookieverse backward and forward to be surprised as well. Example - the Season Three Reveal. Not only did Sookie not find out about that until Book 6, but on top of that, Alan Ball put in something Charlaine Harris only alluded to - Bill's deliberate and fully intentional allowing of the Rattrays beating Sookie nearly to death before he intervened. I'm looking forward to Season 4, but I truly hope they give Sookie some of her BookSook back and that she's able to take the time to emotionally heal before the events of Book 4 get underway, else we'll just see a whole lot of emotional trauma... And really, I don't like TB Sookie enough to wade through any more of the self-important, delusional whinging she does. x.x;;

Still have hope, though...
  • zorbaru
    Options
    i was also shocked that they killed of calvin norris as he has become a large part of the books. and also the killing of the king (unless he escapes) is odd aswell as one entire book is based on the marriage of him and the queen of luisiana..... maybe they will use a different king.
  • miriamtorason
    Options
    That one was Peter Threadgill from Arkansas, zorbaru. ^_^ Russel married... I think Iowa (?) in All Together Dead (the following book), Eric officiated.

I agree that the death of Calvin Norris is problematic, though really, there was no way that he could have played his part in the series as per the books given what Alan Ball did to Hotshot as a community. The expectation is that Russel will either break out or be broken out at the end of S4 or in another season altogether when we've "forgotten" about him.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    true. i take so long to read the books that i can never get all the detals. i think ive just started all together dead now.