Chocolate and Peanut Butter

Options
2»

Replies

• jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I make Buckeyes (chocolate covered peanut butter balls) every year for Christmas, I had quite a few left this year and when I get the sweet tooth where I need chocolate I get 1, yes just 1, out of my refrigerator and enjoy it. I trust the information I found is correct and that the calories are 100 per piece. Self control, but if you can control yourself and make something like this and just alot the calories each day and just have 1 serving, it might make that sweet tooth easier to handle.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Dark Chocolate Dreams!

One of my MFP friends gave me this Protein Shake Recipe

Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tblsp peanut butter (your choice and calories)
    1 tblsp unsweeteded cocoa
    1 cup of water
    about 3-5 ice cubes

Blend in your blender. With my protein powder and PB choice it's 191 calories for a BIG smoothie.
  • chilloften
    Options
    I was craving chocolate tonight as well. Some of these recipes sound amazing. Good luck to all!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My absolutely favorite, sort of healthy brownie, is to take a brownie mix box (of course low fat or reduced sugar!) and in place of the eggs and oil, I mix in pumpkin puree, applesauce or egg beaters. Add water until it is the consistency you like (normally about a cup).

Then bake according to the instructions. I usually put them in mini cupcake or regular cupcake pans so the serving sizes are obvious.

BTW: The pumpkin puree with chocolate cake batter is ah-mazing!
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    bump