What do you guys do in order to keep motivated?

Options
For me, I like to buy myself an item of clothing one size lower so I can aim to fit into it. One step at a time! And sometimes Fashion seems to motivate me, not cos of the models or anything, but cos there's tonnes of amazing clothes and outfits I would love to wear but I dot have the figure to carry it off/ I'm not comfortable with my body just yet.

What do you all do? Are some of you the same as me? Or maye you have a goal dress or something you want to fit into, or is it friends and family? Do you want to prove people wrong and show you can be fit? Or maybe you like to look at images of thin or fit people and push yourself to look like them?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    What kept me going was a pair of pants I had in my closet. I kept them out and tried them on every now and then. I knew I was doing well when they zipped up and actually felt loose on me. It was a proud day when I could announce to my husband that none of the clothes in my closet were too small anymore.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I try to think of my daughter during all of my workouts and remind myself that even though I'm doing this for me, a part of it is also to be an example for her! I also found a cute little dress on Target's website that I bookmarked and I look at it now and then. I'm hoping to wear it and look GOOD in it this summer at a family reunion~:happy:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Today I'm draggin a friend to the gym who just got nasty health related results from Dr. All could have been prevented (and it's not to early to "cure" it all) with healthy diet and exercise.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    And sex. Freud was right.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Taking progress pictures and reminding myself that when I workout, there is no do-over :) I also think of my goals (winning Miss Figure in May) and think that I am doing this for ME and the promise to be healthy!
  • kilojoule
    Options
    race bikes - preferably ones with hills which is where the weight loss comes into play
  • sabichu
    Options
    Nice responses! I just realised, another thing is my boyfriend.. Well.. Me. I want to feel comfortable when he's holding me, without a single worry in my mind. At the moment I'm always like "eugh, he's going to feel my flab!", etc. Not a good feeling. Lol.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I made rewards for ever 10 lbs lost I hit. It seems like they are coming lots slower these days!! maybe every 5lbs would be good to have a "reward".
    Also, losing weight keeps you motivated to lose more weight... Even if its just 1lb or half, your always trying to find new ways to make it go better because the feeling of seeing the scale lower is so nice!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have no motivation, just nothing better to do. As long as I don't say too much on here it's almost like having contact with real people in some weird way.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror is my motivation. I see what I want to work on and that always pushes me. Oh yeah just feeling better also helps.