intro....

kurlieq2
kurlieq2 Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi
I'm Janelle and I have a similar story to many of the women on here.
I'm a mom.... therefore I am trying to get rid of the extra baby weight so that my body will be healthy and ready for baby number two.
I have been working out and dieting since January 5th with NO real loss in weight and my body doesn't look all that different either.
I'm getting frustrated.... and I am hoping that someone might have some tips to help me out or at least keep me motivated.

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!

My suggestion (without being able to see your food diary) is check your sodium and make sure you are drinking as much water as possible while trying to cut out processed foods. Its amazing to realize that while we may stay under our calorie goal- ingesting to much sodium can really prevent the weight from coming off!

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Hi Janelle!!

This site is great for logging food and seeing (in numbers) how it is effecting your body. Weight loss is mostly the result of a great diet! Diet as in your food intake, not as in a hot new trend, or 'lose X amount in 10 days! You want to avoid trends like that because any weight you lose very likely will return once you eat 'normally' again. Use the information all around the boards here, and get excited to look up info yourself too. The more you learn about how food and your body react to one another, the more you know what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat.

You can keep exercising, it will help convince your body to lose fat instead of muscle, but remember, your diet is the main focus!

Make sure to drink lots of water, steer clear of sodium if you can, get at the very least, 6 hrs of sleep (hopefully 7 or at best 8!) every night.

Best of luck to you and I really hope you see the results you want soon!

Ps. If you make your diary public, we can offer more precise tips about your diet!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Welcome!! I agree with all the above posts. Are you sure that you are eating what you think your eating?? Do you measure things out?? Its hard to say why this is happening without knowing exactly what you are eating. Just make sure to eat clean and be accountable for everything that goes in your mouth!! And stick with it!! you can do it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.