Holy scale Batman

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

Does anyone have a $$$ scale...which do you have and do u think it's worth the $

In WH mag they were reviewing a few scales..one was $300...I didn't bother with that one too much..LOL
They had another for $150 that tells u based on your weight how many cals u should eat to maintain and gives you a little print out of all your stats..

Cool, but not sure worth the $

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Options
    Hi

Does anyone have a $$$ scale...which do you have and do u think it's worth the $

In WH mag they were reviewing a few scales..one was $300...I didn't bother with that one too much..LOL
    They had another for $150 that tells u based on your weight how many cals u should eat to maintain and gives you a little print out of all your stats..

Kim
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hi

Kim

Bahh, don't bother, just head to your gym once every couple of weeks, any scale you have at home will lose it's accuracy over time no matter how good it is. Scales need to be balanced periodically, that's why scales at gyms and doctors offices have little seals on the back that tell you when the local town engineering department last balanced it. Next time you are in the gym, check and see if it has a seal, if not, ask someone why they are too cheap to pay the $10 every 6 months to balance it.
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks...
    So, the little digital I have at home (that I've had for a few years) is probably off?

:)

Kim
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Actually, I always ask the nurse who weighs me at the doctors to give me a second to check the balance. And if it's off, I fix it! I had one of those medical scales years ago and learned how to check and balance them. Just a matter of turning a little screw at the end is all.
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I dont' know if you belong to a gym, but I know mine will weigh me and give me a little printout with all that info for free.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    \
    That's what you have FMP for!! :smile:

Honestly... don't spend the $$$ on a scale... and if your home scale is off by a couple lbs over the course of a couple years... who cares?! Isn't the point of this site not to worry about "Am I 1 or 2 lbs lighter" or "what do i weigh now? down to the ounce!" But rather to be healthy and have your body and weight under controll? You can do that without being accurate to the exact ounce! (I KNOW it is nice to see the weight go down and watch the scale progress, but don't waste the money on it! Even if your scale is off by 1-2 lbs you can still watch the numbers get smaller as you do to!)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    That's what you have FMP for!! :smile:

Honestly... don't spend the $$$ on a scale... and if your home scale is off by a couple lbs over the course of a couple years... who cares?! Isn't the point of this site not to worry about "Am I 1 or 2 lbs lighter" or "what do i weigh now? down to the ounce!" But rather to be healthy and have your body and weight under controll? You can do that without being accurate to the exact ounce! (I KNOW it is nice to see the weight go down and watch the scale progress, but don't waste the money on it! Even if your scale is off by 1-2 lbs you can still watch the numbers get smaller as you do to!)

Here here!

Take that 150, and buy a F11 polar heart rate monitor, much more worth it then a scale.
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    I would NEVER spend $150 on a scale...was just curious if anyone had it etc

I don't belong to a gym (I loath the gym..sorry to all you gym rats :)
    The only exc. that I do is walk on the treadmill at home
    I've thought about one of those high tech watches, but not sure it would be worth it for me..at least right now

Kim
  • Beany
    Beany Posts: 11
    Options
    I live in a small town and once a week on my lunch hour I stop into our town clinic and just ask to weigh myself and they let me do just that for free!
    Beany