Starting over again

Options
Oh my goodness it's been a while since I've been able to post anything. I've really been struggling lately. I have all these excuses that I was gonna say, but it really comes down to whether I want it bad enough or not. I made a choice to stop logging my food in on here because I become a little obsessed with calories and I'm not sure if I trust that I have everything entered correctly. But I did buy a cheap little journal and I'm not writing everything I eat without calories just so I'm eating a little more mindfully. I'm also going to continue posting cuz y'all are awesome! I've come to realize that I'm very alone in this struggle. My family celebrates with food. June 8 was my dad's birthday. June 15--father's day, June 22--sister's birthday. Three Sundays in a row we ate A LOT. Huge breakfasts (these seriously probably had my calorie count for the day), cakes, chips, soda, alcohol, brownies, ice cream, chevys, candy, all sorts of stuff. And of course I ate it because I didn't want to feel left out. I tried talking to my boyfriend about it and he did try really hard to understand but he just can't. So I'm back on a mission for a better me. I have to be strong. My birthday is on July 14 and I'm determined to be in the 160s by then. It's so simple, eat better, move more. But it's so much more than that for me. It's such a mental thing. I know someone has to understand what I'm saying. So here I go again, this time hopefully I can stay on track.

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness it's been a while since I've been able to post anything. I've really been struggling lately. I have all these excuses that I was gonna say, but it really comes down to whether I want it bad enough or not. I made a choice to stop logging my food in on here because I become a little obsessed with calories and I'm not sure if I trust that I have everything entered correctly. But I did buy a cheap little journal and I'm not writing everything I eat without calories just so I'm eating a little more mindfully. I'm also going to continue posting cuz y'all are awesome! I've come to realize that I'm very alone in this struggle. My family celebrates with food. June 8 was my dad's birthday. June 15--father's day, June 22--sister's birthday. Three Sundays in a row we ate A LOT. Huge breakfasts (these seriously probably had my calorie count for the day), cakes, chips, soda, alcohol, brownies, ice cream, chevys, candy, all sorts of stuff. And of course I ate it because I didn't want to feel left out. I tried talking to my boyfriend about it and he did try really hard to understand but he just can't. So I'm back on a mission for a better me. I have to be strong. My birthday is on July 14 and I'm determined to be in the 160s by then. It's so simple, eat better, move more. But it's so much more than that for me. It's such a mental thing. I know someone has to understand what I'm saying. So here I go again, this time hopefully I can stay on track.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    you are not the only one on this roller coaster. we are all in it together. i have been in the same boat lately. i have alot left to lose but due to the fact i havent been careful and honest about my food and exercise i have been maintaining for 5 weeks. so im back on track and starting again. good luck to you and to me. have a great day.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I really feel like you just crawled in my head and wrote what I have been feeling exactly. To a "T". I have been on a plateau for the past month or so, and I still have 20 lbs to lose, this was the weight I got stuck at before I got prego with my 2cnd child, and now I fear this is where my body is trying to force me to stay again. I am so bummed lately, I feel like I do good all week, and then nothing to show for it. I know about the celebrating with meals too. All too well. Everytime summer rolls around we cook out all year, Memorial day, now the 4th, and 2 in between just for kicks, my mamas bday on the 10th, my dads on Aug 21st then my bros on Aug 28th, and there will be more in between those days. I love these times so I allow myself to eat what I want when they are happening, but then after a week of exercising and eating right the scale has either moved up a lb or stayed the same, and I cant help think if only I had done better at the cookout. I realize it is probably water moving it up and down but I am so discouraged to see the same number or more on there every week. I could hide my scale and look at it every 2 weeks but after working hard all week, I feel like I need to see a reward on that scale
    that week. I too no longer log my food on here, really because I get tired of trying to find exactly what I ate, and when I cook a homemade meal it seems impossible. I have found writing it in my journal is better, because I can write it as soon as I eat it, and I know it is accurate because I am looking at the package or label. if you figure out how to crawl out of this desperation and guilt please tell me, I am struggling with the same at this very second.:cry:
  • tryinagain
    tryinagain Posts: 11
    Options
    I am feeling just like you.....I say I'm going to try again, but there are always celebrations, trips, numerous reasons to eat.
    If only I could eat, but eat less. That is my new thing to try. I am going to count my calories honestly, to see what I actually eat in a day, then I am going to decrease the amount of what I eat. I then hope to change what I eat.....and bam......my life will be headed in the right direction.
    I appreciate your honesty.
    And I hope this works to provide us with the motivation and support to get where we need to be........Healthier.
    Thanks