Greetings

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've only had my new mobile for the last few weeks and the fitnesspal app is a firm favourite.
I had been trying to be careful since christmas. and had lost about 7lb.
I am seriously overweight and probably need to loose nearly half my weight, I have always had problems
with it, but I am finally coming to terms with it, and learning how to deal with the health issues that make
it easier for me to gain weight.
I have two girls under 5 and want to be able to give them the skills to understand healthy eating, far better than I did
when younger.
I have joined a weight loss group which has helped to motivate me, but I feel they do like to push their products just a little too much, and I am not interested in them I would be worried about gaining weight as soon as I stopped using them, nor do I have the money to spend on them anyway!

So thats me, setting some small goals to take the task down into baby steps, I have lost almost 4lb over the last week, which does help with the old motivation.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

Tiggermum

Replies

• betsyleek
    Options
    Hi,

I'm totally new to this site, but am loving it so far!!!! I'm not sure how all these message boards work, but would appreciate any help i can get!!! Would love to have somebody who gets what i'm going thru!!!!

• mandydanyele
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined earlier aswell and so far I love it! It really makes things alot easier and it's great having all of these people around who are going through the same things!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family. This is a great place to start your journey to a healthy lifestyle. Notice I didn't call it a diet because it's not. This is a place that will teach you what to eat and the protions you need to eat. And the best thing is that everyone in the house can eat what you eat. Lots of yummy recipes here to pick from. If you would like any that I have please feel free to ask for them.

Have a great journey.
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi and nice to meet you! Glad you decided to join. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive and inspiring people here. Many amazing success stories. I know that you will do well. Welcome and feel free to add me as a pal.