New to MFP and would like a support team.

Options
Hi everyone. I started working on the new me March 2010. I have lost so far 47 pounds. I was told about this site at my doctors office yesterday and thought I would give it a try. I live in Brevard County, FL and my walking/zumba/biking partners both got jobs and left me high and dry. I have been forced to workout on my own and really don't care for it. I do workout on the Wii everyday and ride my bike some days, but would really like somebody to do it with and push me as I tend to give up once it starts getting hard or hurt.

I'm also not one for eating lunch and would love to hear some lunch ideas.

Carrie

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't live nearby but I cheer you all the way!!!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I would like a workout buddy myself. I have just started Wii Fit and am on Day 14. What's your favorite Wii exercise?
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi.:)

You're welcome to friend me. I generally go for a pasta salad or a baked potato with vegan chilli for lunch, if either of those appeal.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Welcome! We are all here to help when ever you need it just post away and no doubt someone will be able to help! Good luck on your journey!!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! This site has been a great support to me- I know it will for you, too! Good luck!
  • DisneyMum
    Options
    Hi there... you will love this site.
    I would love to be part of your support group. :)

I like light lunches. Here are some ideals:
    -granny smith apple and wasa bread with peanut butter
    -hummus, veggies and crackers.
    -cottage cheese and peaches.
  • dconner13
    dconner13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We all could use some support! Isn't that why we are here? Ill add ya! And anyone feel free to add me as well!:smokin:
  • betsyleek
    Options
    This is my first week using this site also...i need all the support i can get, but can't figure out how to add friends, can someone help???
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm on the west coast north of Tampa. welcome.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Adding friends is relatively easy. You can click on a member's name (usually highlighted in blue) which will link you to his/her Home Page. There you will have an option to "Add Friend" and then an optional "send-a-message" window.

MFP friends are such a key part of this journey. Mine are fantastic! We support each other.

If anyone needs extra support, feel free to add me.
  • jonjon143
    Options
    Hi! I found a workout buddy at www.WannaBuddy.com. The site has thousands of gyms and running trails in a zip code searchable database and a group of users that share our commitment to healthy living. Check it out: www.WannaBuddy.com