Admiting weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I don't see why anyone feels like they have to tell anyone. Unless it's a doctor, there's no particular reason to do so, unless you want to.

If you don't want to, then don't.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This has been the only place I actually will share my weight. I like you never wanted to tell my husband, then one day we were sitting on the couch I got on the Myfitnesspal app. to log in my calories, and it pulled right up to the weight screen and he saw! I was so humilliated. He was very sweet about it though!! It is hard to own upto, I was at my biggest when I started and just wanted to ball when I went to the doctors and they weighed me, being 22.5 pounds down sure makes me feel a whole lot better though. I have along ways to go still, but knowing I got through the first month of it and that I can actully do it gives me alot more confidence in myself.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am a total blabber now! I fully admit to everyone how much my SW was, then I tell them my CW now. Some people motivate you on and tell you what a great job you have done, others will say WHAT?!?! Great job but don't lose anymore your getting too thin. This tells me who is supporting my efforts and others who are a little jealous and dumbfounded of how you lost that much weight. Either way it pushes me forward to my goals because its always nice to makes someone else jealous and great to impress the people who really care about your efforts.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i don't usually tell people my starting weight NUMBER, but i will freely tell people what i weigh now and how many pounts i've lost lol, so i guess if they do the math..... ;) And in all reality, my "starting weight" is not my all-time-high weight anyways. Right before i delivered kiddo #2 i was just over 250... I cringed when that single-lb slide bar on the scale got moved back to zero and the 50 more lbs slide was moved over. But that was right before delivery .... I use my December 2009 weight (228) as my starting weight because thats when i started fitness walking and getting real about it all..

Sometimes i hate saying "ive lost 55 lbs and have 20 more to go" on Facebook, etc where all sorts of ppl are reading it because then its like saying "Yep, i was really that far gone" ... ulgh... there are some ppl i would prefer they DIDNT hear that i got so heavy, just that i am kicking it nowadays :)
  • megamunch
    Options
    No one, and I mean NO ONE in real life knows how much I weigh or my dress size. They could probably take a good guess at both but I am giving nothing away. nothing! :laugh:
  • SiddiQ815
    Options
    I had to "hack" into my wife's profile to see how much she weighed! I think it's a woman thing! lol!
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to be some what uncomfortable with sharing my weight a long time ago but got over it as I realized how dumb it was to be that way. Fact is when someone is so many pounds over weight IT SHOWS. Clothes do NOT hide anything. Clothes do not make you look smaller. Your body reflects your eating habits. What you eat and or how much you're eating isn't much of a secret when you have rolls every where and you're the size of a.....well, you get the picture.

I learned to stop kidding myself and instead just be brutally honest instead. It helped me a lot.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    It's not necessarily that one is overweight. I am within my healthy weight range, but my weight is still my business.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Totally Get it! I didnt ever say it outloud untill I was on the TODAY SHOW in November. After that , and it was flashed across the screen and the whole country now knew my weight, I have no problem saying I use to weigh 330 pounds. :laugh: But it took that to get me there. Before then, my husband never knew my highest weight.