hello from utah

Options
My name is christina, i just turned 40 :( ill never get used to admitting that lol. My weight loss issues are a little different than some others. I have a disorder called PCOS (polycystic ovaries) it makes a woman over weight and impossible to lose. I worked out 75 min a day 5 days a week for a year and lost 2 lbs. Every dr i went to told me to watch what i eat and exercise. Finally found a nurse practitioner who listened to me and did blood work and found out i have low thyroid and PCOS.
Because i'm overweight, i have been told i dont eat enough *even by my personal trainer* LOL I have started medications for both issues ie PCOS and thyroid. I have since in the last month lost 16 lbs. I am back to the gym and i struggle...muscle confusion, wolfe's law for the way the body changes, all of it. I am a physical therapist assistant, i teach people how to exercise for a living, lol but i struggle with my weight. My trainer recommended this site to me and so far i'm loving it

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - it's an amazing site full of supportive people! I'm also from Utah and have PCOS - I refuse to let PCOS stand in the way of reaching my goal weight. Sounds like you're on the right track now, keep up the good work. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    ty and i appreciate it. Its wonderful to start meeting more and more people overcoming PCOS. i'd love to add you lol but i just started this yesterday and i'm not sure how lol...sorry somewhat blond here ;)