MFP vs Sparkpeople

Options
dconner13
dconner13 Posts: 25 Member
I've been on both long enough I think to form an opinion. I'm gonna stick with MFP. Altho they both have pros and cons. I get more support from SP tech and personal. Its just too busy of a site. You end up spending so much time online earning points and reading artuicles that your not doing anything. With MFP its simpler. But I have found in the past ( not my first account here) that tech support is kinda rare. I've had issues and questions that were not answered or addressed. But MFP wins! The android app sold it! I just want a complete day added to app and I'm here for life!

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I briefly signed up over there and spent an hour or two exploring it - and I still love MFP more! I thought the "point" earning thing would be cool.... but it wasn't, lol. :laugh:

:heart: MFP!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have an account too that I don't use. It's just too busy and difficult to navigate. MFP is clean cut, direct, simple and just... more user friendly.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I agree but will continue to steal exercises from sparkpeople!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has great articles too :)
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I was actually on SP before MFP and always thought MFP was so much more immediate and easier to navigate. :)

I'm here for good and now rarely even log onto SP.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    mfp all the way.
    Being directed to this site is the best thing that's happened for my weight loss.
    I love it.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used SP for awhile but got annoyed with the format of the forum and didn't want to spend all day long collecting points. They do have great tips and exercises (which I steal and use hehe) but I prefer MFP's interface and app. I've lost more weight on MFP than I ever did on SP.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have both accounts. For me the MFP site seems to have one for the simplicity and ease of use. I was tracking on both sites for a couple of weeks and was really planning to stay with SP but all of a sudden I just stopped logging there while I've continued here. I didn't plan to stop over there, it just happened.

i do agree with the points thing taking up a lot of time. I spent more time trying to earn useless points! I could have been working out, knitting, playing with my kids or anything else. I have almost 13,000 points there! (I've been on that site for awhile).

The other drawback on SP for me personally is I am still "friends" with some people from my past, at least one of which no longer has warm fuzzy feelings toward me. I don't really feel like I can be honest with my ups and downs there because of that.