fire = sad

Options
emtink
emtink Posts: 387 Member
another fire in big sur/ ventana wilderness, this one destroying homes and not at all contained. i was so looking forward to hiking and backpacking this summer, but i don't know what will be left...

everyone please send good vibes to all the firefighters working way too hard right now in california.

if only we could channel all the water flooding the mid west here to put out the fires. bucket brigade anyone?

Replies

• emtink
    Options
    another fire in big sur/ ventana wilderness, this one destroying homes and not at all contained. i was so looking forward to hiking and backpacking this summer, but i don't know what will be left...

everyone please send good vibes to all the firefighters working way too hard right now in california.

if only we could channel all the water flooding the mid west here to put out the fires. bucket brigade anyone?
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Definitely feeling the pain of weather extremes.....I am in Georgia and would do anything for rain......we have water patrols for illegal water usage.....if only we could hook up all the fire hoses from each coast to channel the floods from where you are to the fires and droughts!!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Yes, I am in the San Joaquin valley of California myself and am seeing the effects in the smoky laden sky....not to mention the air breathing quality. I agree that channeling some of that flood water our way would certainly benefit both matters at hand. Sorry about the backpacking and hiking trip you planned to take there ...... Hope it will still work out for you somehow!
  • emtink
    Options
    i feel really selfish even complaining about that now. people have lost homes, so i should very grateful that my house is safe and sprinklered.

it also really bothers me that firefighters have been injured trying to stop this fire when prescribed burns could have prevented this in the first place. damn government bureaucracies.