HI! going to make this 'My Year"

mattsdad1961
mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I'm turning 50 this year...so I guess I feel that this is now or never...got lots to deal with...like everyone...too much job stress...a 3hour+ commute every day...10 hour work day..no time to exercise...easy to snack on fast food...it seems like the only time I allow myself to not be working is when I take a moment to eat....grrrrrrr....

Anyway...I have used the food tracker in MFP for a couple of days and it has really allowed me to be more thoughtful about what I am eating...it's a start... I'm hopeful this will help me get on the path to learning new habits and provide motivation for better choices...

Thanks, in advance, for any support offered...

Replies

• Welcome! I have started taking my lunch and a snack to work with me, that way I am not tempted to stop by for fastfood. you can friend me if you want. good luck
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Welcome. I started my "new life" a little over a year ago. The logging is so easy and I actually enjoy exercise. This is the longest I've been able to maintain healthy eating and physical fitness. I'm also smaller and more fit than I've been in years. MFP is great!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Welcome to the site. It is a great way to track what calories are consumed and for me it showed me where I was getting the most calories from. I've been on here just over a month and love it. Best wishes to you in your journey. Feel free to friend me if you like :) Have a great weekend!
  • Hi. This is my year too. I am right behind you in age and have a bit more weight to lose, and my commute is 2 hours daily, so kind of similar..... I am here if you want additional support and encouragement. This is an awesome way to hold yourself accountable. Sending you a friend request. Let's do this! Jill
  • mattsdad1961
    mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks for the welcome!
  • Welcome. This is a terrific site - you're gonna love it and we are all going to help you on your journey! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.