I'm so stoked about this program!!

Options
I had never heard of this site/app until about 2 days ago when my hubby uploaded it on his iphone. To my pleasant surprise I could access this from my computer (I haven't had the heart to divorce my old Blackberry for a phone I can upload apps to yet.) At any rate, the first couple days were a little dauntin. Trying to figure out what meals I could have and stay within the alloted calorie count. But I'm noticing as the days go on that it's becoming more like a game which means I'm actually having fun with it!

To introduce myself - I am a 37 yr old wife/mother of one. I just recently started having issues with weight gain since I started taking Evening Primrose oil to help balance out my hormones. They're working but one of the side effects is weight gain. I love food/eating so I was very dismayed when I came to the conclusion that my metabolism is nothing like it used to be. I'm so thankful for this tool and will give it a month to see what my results are. If I'm happy, which I'm sure I will be I will share this with friends and fam. Stay tuned.

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here too.. I use my computer and my iPhone... both are easy to use and wonderful! Enjoy and good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined a little over a week ago and love it!! Good luck!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you found it. I have been here for about a month and its really working! I am sure you will find success with this program. :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    If you log faithfully for a month, you'll be hooked. I did this on my own for about 2 months before I came here. The weight loss was much more consistent after starting MFP. The logging is so helpful because you're accountable for everything you put in your mouth. It also encourages you to exercise because the more you workout, the more calories you can consume for that day.
  • harmonykay
    Options
    If you do this for 30 days you will see a difference. You can friend me if you want.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I, too, really like MFP. The people are great, I appreciate the lack of distracting ads, etc like some other sites I've used. Simple and straight forward. Tracking really does work. I am more conscious of what I eat and my exercise. It's great to have you here!
  • tgoolsby5
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I had no idea that members had responded to this post. What a great community!!:smile: