Newcomer...Neglectful Me

samaniegord
samaniegord Posts: 35
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am brand new to the site and so far I am loving it. I have over 50 lbs to loose and hoping that this will finally be the key to changing my lifestyle. I had my first (last) garage sale last week and sold most of my clothes. They were over 8 years old and all of them to small but it was a sad reminder of the person I once was. I think for mom's you give so much of yourselves to your family and forget who and what you were before they came along. Well, there has to be a balance and I am hoping to find it so I can be a better me for myself and my family. So here we go..to that girl that's still in there...you can do it!

Replies

• Hi I am brand new to the site and so far I am loving it. I have over 50 lbs to loose and hoping that this will finally be the key to changing my lifestyle. I had my first (last) garage sale last week and sold most of my clothes. They were over 8 years old and all of them to small but it was a sad reminder of the person I once was. I think for mom's you give so much of yourselves to your family and forget who and what you were before they came along. Well, there has to be a balance and I am hoping to find it so I can be a better me for myself and my family. So here we go..to that girl that's still in there...you can do it!
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    is that u currently on the display pic ur in good shape 50 lbs is to much .... u look amazing ....

I think for mom's you give so much of yourselves to your family and forget who and what you were before they came along.

u will make it through dear ... and nothing is impossible :flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome to mfp. You will soon find this site to be a great asset in your journey of a life change. I know that I have. I was clueless before :huh: ...seriously. LOL.The support, enlightening info. and tools are all awesome here. Glad you found us. Best wishes to you on your goals.
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    WELCOME TO MFP !!!!! I understand completely about losing yourself when you are a mother. I'm a single mom, and I don't remember the person I was before my daughter. So here I am, with you, hoping to find the person I have become. Lets take the journey.......
  • Yeah that's me...looks are decieving. The power of good clothes. I am only 5"2 and currently weighing in at 186lbs. Not so good for someone of my height but thanks to this web-site and new found friends I can do something about it. Thanks for replying and for the compliment!
  • Congratulations on your loss and thank-you for the encouragement.
  • I am with you sister...lets finally do something that we have only been dreaming about.
This discussion has been closed.