Hello, my name is Jenn

Options
I am brand spanking new here and I'm a vegetarian (still eat eggs). I have a bit of an extra challenge with my diet because I have multiple food sensitivities that makes figuring out eating plans a bit more challenging. I refrain from, gluten (wheat, rye, barley), soy, dairy, casein, oats, peanuts, cashews, all animal protein, corn, and I feel like I'm leaving something out...lol. Isn't that ENOUGH?!?!? :)

As I said, it's a bit trickier to be vegetarian when I need to omit soy, but I make it work. I eat a TON of legumes and nuts, the obvious, fruits, veggies, and other random things that omit all above said ingredients.

I have been on the diet roller coaster for OVER half of my life (I'm 40) and KNOW that this time I will finally get the weight off once and for all! It does help that I am so food limited so I naturally do not have as many foods to derail my weight loss goals any longer. I have been aware of my food sensitivities for many years, but only in the last year or so my body finally said NO WAY, NO MORE, so I have NO CHOICE. My poor body tolerated it just barely as I continued to ingest these these foods up until about 8 months ago, and of course, compromised my already severely compromised immune system. I am also limiting my simple carbs and white sugars, but I do, occasionally, have small amounts of white sugars so that I do not feel totally deprived.

On the fitness front: I am finally back on the good ol' treadmill after taking a LONG BREAK, and it feels so good to be moving again! Okay, then. That's enough... I've written a book here. :)

In my many weight loss attempts I have not typically reached out for support so this is a BIG step for me. So, here I am.

Thanks for reading! Wishing everyone the best of luck on your weight loss journey and health goals and I hope to motivate and encourage others as well along my path to improved health and happiness!

:) Jenn

Replies

• cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    welcome. I know, all too well, the rollar coaster of trying to be fit and healthy. I am not a vegetarian but can imagine the difficulties in getting the right nutrients to stay healthy. You can friend me if you are looking for support