Zumba

Options
I have being doing Zumba for 30-40 mins most days now for a month and counting my calories and have lost 10lbs. I bought the DVD's and they are great. I haven't got bored with exercise yet so recommend it to everyone. I calculate it as low impact aerobics on my exercise section so have about 200 extra calories each day to eat. Try it, it really works. I have also just purchased the wii Zumba which comes out in the UK in a few weeks time, just to add variety to my exercise each day. If you say me and exercise in the same sentence that would not be me but Zumba has been great fun.:wink::happy:

Replies

• mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've preordered the wii zumba game am really looking forward to it. The only problem is that I live in a top floor flat - I'm not sure the flat below would be happy with me doing it so may have to weight until I move into a house which should be in the next couple of months. In the meantime I went to a class last night and it was brilliant :)
  • hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Super great workout but man I keep running out of water when I go...haha
  • pecket83
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! My gym offers it 4x a week and I also have the DVD's. I can't get enough. The best part for me is when I go to the classes it's real women in there all ages and body types. So much fun. I don't sweat as much doing anything else. I would suggest getting a calorie counter to strap on yourself when you are doing it though. I have not burned less than 450 cals in a 45 min class. WHOOP WHOOP
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    I've started a Zumba class recently and love it. Haven't been for two weeks, so really need to go back. I do love it :0)
  • bubbles6
    Options
    Hi, Could you tell me where you got the DVD's? I LOVE ZUMBA! I borrowed the DVD's from a friend who bought them at a flea market but now I can't find them anywhere! I do enjoy going to the classes but I would like to be able to do it at home too.
  • noraht
    noraht Posts: 21
    Options
    Love Zumba~~! Exercise and I didn't belong in the same sentance before either!!! I have Zumba for the Wii and it is fun there too but the classes are soooo much better!! I find with the wii that it doesn't care if you have the steps right as long as you are moving! LOL!
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I am right now having my breakfast because in 1 hour I will be in the middle of class with a great friend sweating it out! I burn almost 500 in a hour!! Wonderful fun, it makes losing the weight fun..
  • ceinwen23
    Options
    Zumba.com
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    zumba is great! So much fun. In fact, I am doing the Heart Assn's Zumbathon with friends this afternoon.
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just tried the zumba DVDs and really did not enjoy them. Loved the class though but just found the DVDs boring. I gave up after 15 mins. :(