WHAT!?!?! 330 calories??

Options
:sad: I just changed my goals so I could lose about 2 pounds per week instead of 1 a week and it cut my cals by 330!! I don't worry about the fat and stuff cause the meals I eat usually have minimal grams ya know? Hell, my breakfast has like 1 gram of fat! But 330 cals? No more booze for me:cry: , or *epiphany* NO MORE FOOD AND STILL HAVE BOOZE!? :drinker:

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    :sad: I just changed my goals so I could lose about 2 pounds per week instead of 1 a week and it cut my cals by 330!! I don't worry about the fat and stuff cause the meals I eat usually have minimal grams ya know? Hell, my breakfast has like 1 gram of fat! But 330 cals? No more booze for me:cry: , or *epiphany* NO MORE FOOD AND STILL HAVE BOOZE!? :drinker:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Jus so everyone knows... I'm not an alcoholic:embarassed: !! I stay very busy every day all day except when I GET to sleep so time out relaxing is very important to me, plus I'm a pool addict :smokin:
    Just thought I'd clear that up! :laugh:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I tried to override the MFP recommendations, it worked for a few days... then I was hungry. Play with the numbers to see what YOUR body needs.
    I had to slow down my weightloss to keep it going, i think that is what is happening, and i have only lost like 5 pounds, but I was finding that on weekends and now that it is summer, the booze is the nemesis of my diet!!

PS:

1/2 shot petrone
    1/2 shot grand marnier cuervo marg mix
    mix with seltzer... taste like a margarita, but way fewer calories :drinker:
  • mholmes
    Options
    I tried to override the MFP recommendations, it worked for a few days... then I was hungry. Play with the numbers to see what YOUR body needs.
    I had to slow down my weightloss to keep it going, i think that is what is happening, and i have only lost like 5 pounds, but I was finding that on weekends and now that it is summer, the booze is the nemesis of my diet!!

PS:

1/2 shot petrone
    1/2 shot grand marnier cuervo marg mix
    mix with seltzer... taste like a margarita, but way fewer calories :drinker:

You're right... maybe I should just stick with one pound per week at 1530 cals, allowing myself the extra cals until I get used to eating so much less, and so much better than I normally do. 1200 cals for me is going to kill me! And thanks for the drink! I love tequila!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i totally budget in wine calories:blushing:

i'm not an alcoholic either, i just like wine!
  • mholmes
    Options
    What are the calories for wine by the way? I don't really drink it a lot, but I love it
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    about 90 calories for a glass of white, i think red is more like 110. not too bad:ohwell:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Awesome thanks!
  • sabes2631
    Options
    the "glass" is ambiguous...
    I love the big bowl glasses... but a serving of red is 4 oz. at 110 calories...adds up quick!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    With the little amount you have to lose, 1200 calories is probably too much a deficit anyway. Very few people can cut back that much and do so in a healthy manner. Stick to a slower rate of loss--your body will thank you!

And, you should know, if you don't already, that alcohol will slow your metabolism down, which is bad news for losing weight.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    I try to remember that it is good for my heart:laugh:
    But yes, it really does... I tried on shorts i bought last week... they were way to small... It is simply because I went out and a few glasses of wine with the girls, a couple of beers with my fiance the next day, ...

makes my belly big/.//

Sounds like i am a boozer... I am not. I am a teacher, as is my fiance and all of our friends... so we are ALL on vacation... lots of beach time and coolers and cookouts logged in.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I tried doing the 1200 calorie a day thing in order to try and lose 2 lbs a week, it so didn't work for me. I wound up binging because I was starving. Now I've set myself for the 1 1/2 lb a week weightloss and I have somewhere around 1400 calories. MUCH easier..lol and the frist week I upped my cals I lost 3 lbs, so I totally reccomend eating more...works for me!