Stuck...Help needed!!

Options
Any suggestions are welcome, I have been on a mission to lose weight from 2 babies, I've dropped from 222 to 195 but I seem to be stuck @ the 194-194 range and have been for 2 weeks now. I've been eating under my calories goal of 1200 each day as well as watching carb intake. Been doing 30 day shred although not consistently but I do switch between that, treadmill and Zumba on my Wii. I need any help... Thanks

Replies

• vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think you need to actually eat more calories because your body might be in starvation mode and also watch your sugar intake. There's sugar in so much more than you might think!
  • patches0102
    Options
    I agree that your calorie intake should be higher. 1200 calories is the low end of the scale and your body needs more than that to be healthy.
  • mneaves
    Options
    Plateaus are common when working on losing weight. And the exercise builds muscle, so although you may not be losing pounds right now, you may be losing inches. If you have had a little more salt intake than usual, you may also be retaining fluid or it might just be a time of the month when you retain fluid anyhow. Don't let this plateau depress you or get you off track. You have been doing a great job and the scale will start to show the results of that hard work soon!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    I have weeks when nothing moves , the thing is not to get too caught up in the worry of it , just keep doing what you're doing, i do notice the weeks where i didn't lose much , is when my water intake was much less
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    1200 calories is the minimum calories not the max. I know it can be a little confusing but if you don't eat enough calories your body may store what you eat because it thinks it is starving. Mixing cardio and strength training like 30 day shred is a good way to go about it. All of us want the weight off fast but sometimes trying too hard can cause the opposite results. Hang in there we all have times when our body is adjusting and we don't lose. You will get there.
  • OVurt
    OVurt Posts: 1
    Options
    To lose weight, you need to burn calories. And to burn calories you need to make sure you are working out hard enough. And the way to measure that is to check your heart rate. Go the American Heart Association's website and they have a suggested range for your age. You need to be in the aerobic range to burn calories. But go too high and you'll only be burning sugar.

And as you lose more and more weight you need to work out harder and harder to keep your heart rate up. Being healthy has its disadvantages. ;-)