p90x

Options
I really want to do it. Anyone like it or have any advice? What sort of equipment do I need to have at home?

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i did it and I really liked it!! You do need weights, resistance bands, pull up bar, and supplements(if you desire)! Right now I am doing Insanity which doesn't require equipment, both programs do require lots of self discipline!! Good luck
  • crao236
    Options
    its extremely difficult but does work. Personally, it was too much for me. I rather stick with Jillian Michaels dvd's.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Personally, it's only as difficult as you need it to be. It is a demanding program, but starting out, you modify as you need. the mantra is, "Do your best, forget the rest." Tony Horton talks about being sensible-- if the weight is too much, lower it. If you can't keep up the pace and number of reps, do what you can. Over time you get better.

I'm almost through week two. I love it. I don't have the pull-up bar, but I have a universal weight set in the room where I workout. So when they call for pull ups, I go to the lat bar and pull down-- it works well enough. This ol body will most likely never get off the floor in a pull up, anyway-- and for now, I'm getting a good workout in a different way.

you can use resistance bars, instead-- they show you how, if you don't have access to a pull-up bar or weight machine, blah, blah, blah-- I'm not going through their nutritional program-- personally, I perused it and found the book to be total sensory overload. But, that's just me-- but, I'm eating sensibly, replenishing after workout, making sure I get enough calories to refeed my body, eating clean-- blah, blah, blah-- good stuff.

Yes, like previous poster said, you definitely need self-discipline-- go for it!!!
  • mycatslove
    Options
    One of my friend bloggers talks about it all the time. She seems to love it, though it sounds like it can be a true workout! But she raves about it and still does it. Her blog is @ http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com/ if you want to check out what she says. I know she's got me interested in it too.
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my second day but its really hard to function. My entire body hurts!
  • HeatherDH72
    HeatherDH72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually did 5 months of P90X. I went from a size 12 to a size 6. It is a great program. You just do what you can each day and the more you do it the stronger you get. I just finished up Slim in 6 and will be starting ChaLean Extreme on Monday. Good luck to you all on your fitness journey!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my second day but its really hard to function. My entire body hurts!

Make sure you replenish your body right after working out-- even though I've been into fitness for 2 years now, I never did this until this week-- holy Hannah, what a difference.

I did the shoulders and arms yesterday, higher weights, higher reps than last week-- but no pain today.
  • SeaShell33
    Options
    Thanks everyone! i am going to give it a go...:happy:
  • kyddsox
    Options
    I am going to be doing p90x once im in better shape...i am doing Biggest Loser game for the Wii and workouts at the gym right now
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've known people who have done it and have loved it, but I don't have the discipline to work out at home!!!! Good luck!