Just Joined

michlingle
michlingle Posts: 797 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I just joined two days ago and am wondering about one thing I don't think I can avoid. That is, I enjoy wine and beer sometimes. If I factor in the calories and it's within my allowance for the day AND I do the exersize, will I still lose weight? Yesterday I had three glasses of wine with sushi. I checked out the calories ahead of time for the sushi and the meal was my big meal and amounted to about 1000 calories. I admit that three glasses was excessive, but this may only happen once per week. I may have a beer or two on the weekend and it will be in my allowance of calories. So again, will I still lose weight? I am aware that drinking causes one to lose their inhibitions and their control over food so that's why drinking can be dangerous to any diet. But if I count those calories too, will this work?

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Hello everyone! I just joined two days ago and am wondering about one thing I don't think I can avoid. That is, I enjoy wine and beer sometimes. If I factor in the calories and it's within my allowance for the day AND I do the exersize, will I still lose weight? Yesterday I had three glasses of wine with sushi. I checked out the calories ahead of time for the sushi and the meal was my big meal and amounted to about 1000 calories. I admit that three glasses was excessive, but this may only happen once per week. I may have a beer or two on the weekend and it will be in my allowance of calories. So again, will I still lose weight? I am aware that drinking causes one to lose their inhibitions and their control over food so that's why drinking can be dangerous to any diet. But if I count those calories too, will this work?
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Everything in moderation, work out with cardio and weights, eat as balanced a diet as you can giving your body all of the fibre, protein, fats and nutrients it needs, and if you have a few drinks in a week and factor ALL of it into your calories then you will still lose weight. Welcome to the site! It's a fabulous place :happy:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Cals are cals! Just know that your metabolism will slow down a little when even slightly intoxicated as alcohol is a sedative to the body. Just tack on another 5mins of exercise, or cut out a few extra cals somewhere else. You'll do great! And welcome to MFP by the way!:flowerforyou:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Hi, Welcome to the site. I pretty new here too. I'm a beer drinker as well. ( light beer ) I give myself a six pack on Friday night. I usually don't have a problem as Friday is my high calorie day, but for the rest of the week I'm on top of it.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    One other thing to watch is if you are eating less in general, your stomach will be emptier and the alcohol will hit you harder. Usually the carb / greasy food people eat while drinking slow absorbtion down.
This discussion has been closed.