Elliptical and Treadmill

Options
Ok guys, I'm looking into getting both of these eventually...............have a chance to get a Proform 390e elliptical for around $300 brand new in box from someone my hubby works with. Just wondering if anyone has an elliptical or treadmill at home, what kinds do you have , about how much they cost............the treadmill is probably the one I'm more concerned about because I want one that's going to hold up ..........Thanks!!!! :)

Replies

• john_elkins_1981
    Options
    I used to have a gym membership at the local gym and every day that I would go I would use the Life Fitness 95xi. Well I looked into buying one new and they are 4500 dollars, so that went out the window. But, I looked on eBay and actually bought one for 1500 dollars. It is the best elliptical I have ever seen or used and I highly recommend it.
  • Happy_JoJo
    Happy_JoJo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a nordictrak treadmill at my house and I love it, espeically the ifit cards and the workout that Jillian Michael's gives me and I don't have to adjust anything, she does it all and kicks my *kitten*!!! LOL. I am lucky though that I got the treadmill from my brother who after going through a divorce no longer wanted it and I took it off his hands for a whopping $150.00!!! a real steal!!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to have an elliptical at home. So much smoother on my knees!

I have an inexpensive treadmill that I bought from Sears (I think) many years ago. It's a Weslo and I think it was about $200 or less, very basic. Electric with an electric incline, tracks time, distance and calories but I don't think the calories are accurate since you can't enter any detailed personal information.

Basically, it's good to walk or run on inside and it's great to have when you can't get out or need an easy walk.

I guess it depends on what level you are at and how hard to plan to use it. I think alot of gyms use Proform so they must be good. Good luck!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have a nordictrak treadmill at my house and I love it, espeically the ifit cards and the workout that Jillian Michael's gives me and I don't have to adjust anything, she does it all and kicks my *kitten*!!! LOL. I am lucky though that I got the treadmill from my brother who after going through a divorce no longer wanted it and I took it off his hands for a whopping $150.00!!! a real steal!!

WOW!! That was a good deal!!!!