Cardio Help

Hi im new by the way....

Anyways I need help with cardio. I have a strength-training program so im good there, I just need help for Ideas on some cardio. Im kinda getting sick of walking, and I try run/walking and have a hard time pushing my self. any ideas?

Replies

• kmaug
    kmaug Posts: 23
    Hi im new by the way....

Anyways I need help with cardio. I have a strength-training program so im good there, I just need help for Ideas on some cardio. Im kinda getting sick of walking, and I try run/walking and have a hard time pushing my self. any ideas?
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    have u ever tried excercise tapes they work fine with me since the weather in our country is so hot ... i actaully enjoy them with a group doing it alone is quiet boring
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: how about dancing? Swimming? riding a bike? I do a sweating to the oldies dvd every other day( I know I'm old) they also have a biggest looser one. Today was my off day and I mowed my gras uphill for 45 min. You could go to www.caloriesperhour.com and look how many calories different things burn ( like washing windows or dancing or golfing) and if you see something you like do it.
    I hope that helps, I wish you success
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Jumping rope (speed jump) burns a lot of calories.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Bike ride! Low stress on joints, see more than walking, go further too!

fiets870.gif
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    I've used the Leslie Sansone Walk off Pounds DVD. I do the 4 fast miles one. It takes about 55 minutes. I was walking outside, but it is way too hot here to do that. It seems like the time goes by fast.

Good luck!!!!!
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    One of the best aerobic activities is to swim. Not only do you burn an abundance of calories, you don’t really fee the effect of it while you are doing it. I like to do 5 laps of breast stroke, free style and back stroke that are all broken up with five laps of kicking on a board. This is an amazing workout that takes an hour and burns about 600-700 calories an hour. What more can you ask for?

Have you gone to the local library and rented workout DVDs? These are amazing because you can get so many different ones and you can always request more from other branches.
  • jroji
    jroji Posts: 4
    I love the elliptical! I've had two knee surgeries, and it is pretty easy on my joints. I am able to get my heart rate up, but I don't ever feel like my heart is going to pound out of my chest. (like i do when i run!) and my knees or hips don't hurt as much either.
  • I love the elliptical!

me too ! :smile:
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Haven't heard anyone mention this so I'll toss it out there...do you own a heart rate monitor? No matter what kind of cardio you decide to do it'll make all the difference in the world in determining whether you're actually getting a good workout. For example... walking is good but there's w a l k i n g and then there's WALKING, where you actually get your HR up to at least 65% of your max and sustain it for 45-60 minutes! That's cardio.

Golf...not cardio. Bowling...not cardio. You get my drift.

And what's cool is you can construct your cardio workouts to burn glycogen and/or fat at different levels depending on your HR and it's nice to have that control.

So that's my standard HR monitor pitch...I could go on about cycling being the perfect cardio/fitness activity but you've heard that opinion voiced already.

Good luck--James