New Comer Here!

Options
Hello all,

I am Heather and I am new to the site. I have been working very hard on my fitness/health since July 2010. I have gone from a size 12 to a size 6. I have been using various home fitness programs to get my results. I started with P90X and I just finished Slim in 6, will be starting ChaLean Extreme on Monday. I have not lost any weight in a while so I am just looking for other forms of support and tools to help me get back on track, that is what brought me to this site. I have the working out part down but have not mastered the eating part yet. I am terrible in that I don't really follow the nutrition plans that come with my programs, if I did follow the nutrition plans who knows where I would be today. This is not to say that I don't modify my diet and try to eat better because I certainly do but I need to continue to improve on this area if I am to meet my goal of reaching 130. My weight is fluctuating between 148 and 152, I am not gaining weight so that is good. I am an emotional eater which is a problem, I eat when I am down, bored, etc. I don't eat large quantities or terrible food but I guess it is enough that I can't seem to lose anymore weight. I workout like 6 days a week for an hour to two hours and I will be adding another 30 mins to that at least 3 days a week until I learn to master my eating habits. I figure if I am struggling with eating right I need to work harder LOL, and I am ok with that because there are some things I just will not give up. Well that is my story, thanks for reading. Have a great weekend and good luck to everyone on their fitness journeys!

Replies

• jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi heather, i think you've done gr8 from 12 to 6 (faaabuloss) you seem to be doing the right things, just be patient and switch up ur exercises.
  • HeatherDH72
    HeatherDH72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi heather, i think you've done gr8 from 12 to 6 (faaabuloss) you seem to be doing the right things, just be patient and switch up ur exercises.

Thanks! Yeah I switch up my programs regularly so I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Heather are you sure you are eating enough calories? And enough protein to compensate for all that working out? are you doing at least 1-2 days a week of lighter workout to give your body time to properly recover?
  • HeatherDH72
    HeatherDH72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heather are you sure you are eating enough calories? And enough protein to compensate for all that working out? are you doing at least 1-2 days a week of lighter workout to give your body time to properly recover?

I don't know how I am doing on calories so I am hoping this site will help me keep track of that. I don't like counting calories on my own, it is so annoying trying to figure out calories when you have to count calories from all the ingredients you put into a dish. If I ate alot of pre packaged food counting calories would be easy on my own but we have done away with tons of prepackaged food for healthier options. I can honestly say I don't get in alot of protien, what I do eat is fish, chicken and occasionally lean hamburger in like tacos and chili, oh and turkey burgers. I just haven't come up with simple recipes that I can use for chicken and fish. I usually end up eating the samethings all the time and get soooo bored with it. I do follow all my fitness programs strictly and they include down time and time off.