Increases persperation?

s704a191
s704a191 Posts: 30
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I have recently kicked it up a notch in my daily exercise and I have noticed a significant increase in my persperation throughout the day. I know that during exercise I am going to get good and sweaty, but is it normal to have extra sweat all day long when you become more active? Any suggestions on how to cut that down?

Replies

• rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    I just asked this question this morning on my wall... I am going to watch for responses! THANKS!
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    I have noticed the opposite. I sweat during my workouts, and then don't sweat as much throughout the day. It's some serious motivation for me, because I hate being a sweaty betty in public.
  • I would think that your metabolism is just high throughout the day after a workout. After a workout, it just keeps burning calories throughout the day. I'm thinking this might be why you are sweating more often. But after your body gets used to the higher metabolism, you'll stop sweating as much because your body isn't working so much to cool off the body.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I would think that your metabolism is just high throughout the day after a workout. After a workout, it just keeps burning calories throughout the day. I'm thinking this might be why you are sweating more often. But after your body gets used to the higher metabolism, you'll stop sweating as much because your body isn't working so much to cool off the body.

Do you work out in the morning? I know that if I do, I feel sweatier the rest of the day...for the reason of your body still burning. You could try showering with a cold rinse at the end to close up the pores and cool you off....just a thought :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    For some people, yes it is. Once you are in a consistent pattern of working out, your body is better at starting to cool itself down immediately when you have any exertion at all. It 'recognizes' that you're exerting yourself.

Your metabolism is also probably slightly higher as a result of consistent exercise.
This discussion has been closed.