thanks to all of you who posted about Zumba!!!

Options
I stumbled across Zumba on youtube about a week ago and was excited to get started, only i wanted to know more about how it had helped other people and if it was right for me and thanks to all you lovely people sharing your stories i jumped right in. Been doing it now since Wednesday and it is by far the best thing i have tried although i look like a fool whilst doing it but i sweat buckets and thats gotta be good ^^

Replies

• sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Zumba ~ It's alright, but many of the move and quick changes are a little complicated for me. I get moving, get grooving, do what I can, enjoy watching the hard bodies and going with the music. So I like it well enough!
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! I love Zumba i started 2 weeks ago going too classes and am just waiting for a dvd too come through cant wait! Will have to have a look on youtube what one do you use on there?

Good luck and it sure is good that your sweating buckets as it means its working hehe! xx
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba 3 - 4 days a week since mid Nov and with the help of this site & Zumba, I've lost 32lbs!!!!! The Zumba class I go to has been the best thing I've ever done. I'm glad you found it and like it! Keep doing it & you'll see results!!!
  • kef711
    Options
    I love Zumba. I always screw up the moves and my sister laughs at me so then i just work harder and move faster. I have lost three pounds so far. Go myfitnesspal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba 3 - 4 days a week since mid Nov and with the help of this site & Zumba, I've lost 32lbs!!!!! The Zumba class I go to has been the best thing I've ever done. I'm glad you found it and like it! Keep doing it & you'll see results!!!

WOW! Well done hun! Thats amazing!!! xx
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The dvd is amazing and i am lucky there is no one living below me lol. I didn't use youtube to work out only to inspire me but there are lots of videos like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ueBP-hx1g that show the different sections of the dvds...that one is the warm up for cardio party ( i believe its the full warm up and then links to the other videos)

The break down dvd to learn the steps is amazing, though there was one move i could not get in salsa until it showed up on the cardio party and i did it without trying lol
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 1.5 years, I enjoy more of the hip hop instead of the Zumba formula.. But i've lost a fair amount of weight, and gained so much community! LOVE it!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Like my Zumba instructor says, knowing the moves is great, but having FUN while you do it is key...
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 1.5 years, I enjoy more of the hip hop instead of the Zumba formula.. But i've lost a fair amount of weight, and gained so much community! LOVE it!

Thats some dedication there, how inspiring :)

I look like a fool when i do the hip hop from the dvd collection, hopefully i will get better lol
  • dslowick74
    Options
    I don't know if y'all have heard of Phusia, but a little dance studio in our town offers classes 2 nights a week and it is SO much fun! We have a girl who comes who has done both classes but prefers Phusia (but I think it's b/c it's more dance based). Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • gidget2685
    Options
    Hi All,

Zumba is a great workout. Have any of you heard of P90x or Turbo Jam? This is what I do and have been so successful with and both are # 1 DVD's out on the market. Turbo Jam is so much fun, a lot of kicking and boxing, dancing. I can't express how much fun it it. Also, P90x WOW let me tell you the DVD is true to it's statement where they say in 90 days you will see results. Believe me it's so true. Since, I've lost over 144 lbs in the last 12 months I have been inspired to help others who struggle with losing weight or those who want to live a healthy life. So, if anyone is interested add me as your buddy and if you want to know more about me feel free to ask.

Awesome work everyone whose had such great success with all your workouts!