Texas Roadhouse

Options
Getting together with my girlfriends tonight and eating at Texas Roadhouse! I want to eat something good and fairly healthy. Suggestions? :)

Replies

• tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    MFP has pretty much most of the items in their food list. Type in Texas Roadhouse and they come up. Take a look! I ate there last night... made wrong choices! Wish I would have known before hand!! Enjoy!
  • mmoore207
    Options
    Stay away from the rolls and cinnamon butter- they'll add up fast and they're only empty calories. MFP has a link to the nutritional information for Texas Roadhouse. I always try to figure out what I'm going to have before I get to the restaurant so I'll be less tempted to order something I'll regret later.
    I also try to have a small healthy snack (like an apple) before I go out so I'm less tempted to dive into the free bread or a greasy appetizer.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/texas-roadhouse

Good luck!
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The grilled salmon or grilled shrimp is always my favorite. For your sides get steamed veggies. Have fun!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love Texas Roadhouse! so tasty, I haven't been since I lost tons of weight but I know they have great sweet potatoes. just get it plain and not with the caramel and marshmallows (obviously), plain sweet potato and a nice simple piece of chicken or steak would be my choice.
  • EecakYelsom17
    Options
    Its my fav restaurant. I went the other day had smothered chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. Stayed under my calories :) but soooooo glad I checked the calories foe the rolls. They do add up quick!!!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    They have great salads. :) I get full halfway through them!