Still eating too little calories?

Options
Hey guys can you check my food diary and see if it looks good so far? Don't know what I'm having for dinner though. I am 5'7 and want to maintain my weight. Please forget about the exercise at the moment and focus on the food. Thanks

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough :O(
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    You can look at mine for ideas if you would like. I definitely eat all my allotted calories and then some and am loosing weight. At a pretty good pace. In order for me to maintain I would have to eat around 2,400 calories a day plus eat back all my exercise calories. I am 5' 6". My wife is 5' 7" and she would have to eat about the same as me. From my limited knowledge I would say it does not look like you eat near enough but everyone is different. You would have to do some experimenting with how your body responds. Good luck!
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not eating nearly enough, dangerously so. You need a lot more protein.
  • KourtneyLee
    KourtneyLee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Are you an athlete? Because if not, just looking at it, it seems a little high. However, if you are 109 pounds, I think you should be trying to put on weight, not maintain it.
    Also, I think you should add a piece of fruit with your breakfast.
    Your lunch is healthy and though high-ish in calories, full of good fats and nutrients. And your biggest meal of the day should be lunch anyways, since our metabolisms are at our peak around that time :)
    For dinner, make sure to include these three groups - lean protein (like grilled chicken or salmon), vegetables, and a whole grain. That should not only add some cals but do it in a healthy way in a balanced meal. If you have a sweet tooth, have a cup of fresh or frozen berries with vanilla yogurt for dessert.

Good luck!
  • KourtneyLee
    Options
    Are you an athlete? Because if not, just looking at it, it seems a little high. However, if you are 109 pounds, I think you should be trying to put on weight, not maintain it.
    Your lunch is healthy and though high-ish in calories, full of good fats and nutrients. And your biggest meal of the day should be lunch anyways, since our metabolisms are at our peak around that time :)
    For dinner, make sure to include these three groups - lean protein (like grilled chicken or salmon), vegetables, and a whole grain. That should not only add some cals but do it in a healthy way in a balanced meal. If you have a sweet tooth, have a cup of fresh or frozen berries with vanilla yogurt for dessert.

Good luck!

Also, if you are 5'7", your current weight is too low. I know you stated previously that you want to maintain your weight, which is 109 pounds based off your information, but I believe that you are currently underweight. I think you need to build more muscle mass and should up your weight instead of maintaining it, but that's just based off BMI's and what I know about my own body, since I'm 5'8".
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    800 cals?? Are you logging? That's deadly low. I've had the same problem and I'm finding out the cumulative effect of eating too low. You will seriously hurt yourself if you don't add at least a good 400 calories. and for maintenance it should be loads higher.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I thought a woman calorie cap was 1200 per day if you want to lose and 1500 to maintain your weight! rite now, you are doing fine with what on you diary, but you need to change you calorie caps.
  • kateslife
    Options

Good luck!

Also, if you are 5'7", your current weight is too low. I know you stated previously that you want to maintain your weight, which is 109 pounds based off your information, but I believe that you are currently underweight. I think you need to build more muscle mass and should up your weight instead of maintaining it, but that's just based off BMI's and what I know about my own body, since I'm 5'8".

I am an athlete and i probably need more protein. I am first trying to grasp maintaining and maybe to gain a little. I really just want to get this to where i dont lose any more weight atm. I'm not sure what I'm gonna make for dinner though. Probably a chicken breast or something.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more, especially protein. Focus on dairy, fruits, veggies, and meat and seafood if you eat it. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas! I am aiming for about 2,200 calories a day to maintain or slowly lose another couple of pounds, and I always get a ton of protein.
  • KourtneyLee
    Options

Good luck!

I am an athlete and i probably need more protein. I am first trying to grasp maintaining and maybe to gain a little. I really just want to get this to where i dont lose any more weight atm. I'm not sure what I'm gonna make for dinner though. Probably a chicken breast or something.

Make sure to include veggies and a whole grain with your chicken to get enough nutrients and up the cals.