"Mindless Eating"

ace175
ace175 Posts: 518 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Just saw this video that discusses different factors that might contribute to eating too much.
Suggestions are:
1. painting your walls a neutral color because bright colors make you happy, making you eat faster while dark colors make you eat slower, eating more.

2. Using smaller plates because you can have the same amount of food except if you see more of the plate, you will add more food, thus adding more calories.

3. Using a plate that has a design around the edges because a lot of people don't like covering up the design.

He also said the best diet to be on is a diet that your body doesn't know your on!

Check it out if you want!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_weekend/20110218/ts_yblog_weekend/mindless-eating

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Bump, thanks for sharing
  • Very interesting. I do have to say that when I started using my son's smaller sectioned plate it helped a lot with portion control.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    The only thing I am not sure about is the eating fast vs. eating slow. I've always heard that eating slower and stopping to chew the food not only aids digestion but also causes you to fill up with less food. The theory is if you scarf it down you'll actually finish every bite because your stomach doesn't know that it is full yet, but if you eat slower your body will get signals that it is getting full and you will stop eating when you are feeling full...of course I am surely not an expert, but have never ever heard that eating faster is a good thing...
  • I've heard the same thing... that eating slower is better because you give yourself that chance to feel full. Other tips: drink a glass of water or eat a piece of fruit when you think you are hungry because you may just be dehydrated
  • Thanks for sharing, a tip I have is to quiet your mind & chew thouroughly, mix it with your saliva.. tasting, smelling and seeing your food when you eat. You eat less but end up feeling fuller and you absorb the nutrients properly, and I am still pushing myself to eat consciously, its not easy.. sometimes I just switch off and wolf my food down, I don't really enjoy it and feel stuffed after!

Drink your food, and chew your drink - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.