hey there everyone!! what to do??

Options
i dont have time to make a healthy snack when im on the go with two kids the youngest being 8 months and the oldest being 4 years. does anyone have any tips? please help, i would realy appreciate it!!

Replies

• km2069
    Options
    i dont have time to make a healthy snack when im on the go with two kids the youngest being 8 months and the oldest being 4 years. does anyone have any tips? please help, i would realy appreciate it!!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I make a mix of unsalted sunflower seeds, dried cherries and granola, I put some in a sandwich bag and carry it with me it really helps on those days that I have meetingafter meeting and no time for a proper lunch. Also Sweet and very filling a little bit goes a long way.

Any one else?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs are great. only eat one. one time they became a 400 calorie bag. there are slim fast bars, ready made drinks. watch the sugars. go to your local health food place or a Trader Joes, and they have alot of grab and go items.
    Good luck
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Fiber One snacks? They are tasty when you have a craving for something sweet. It is easy to stash one in your purse and go.

Eve
  • Apodemia
    Options
    I always keep a couple of Nature Valley Oats & Honey granola bars in the car. They hold up well to heat and age, and they taste just as good when they get squashed.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    Detour made by Designer Whey (tastes like a Snickers) huge - makes two snacks. Packed with protein-30g.

Nutrition Facts
    DETOUR - Whey Protein Energy Bar - lower sugar Amount: bar serving(s) (1 bar ea.)
    Calories340Sodium480 mgTotal Fat10 gPotassium270 mg Saturated6 gTotal Carbs33 g Polyunsaturated0 g Dietary Fiber4 g Monounsaturated0 g Sugars5 g Trans0 gProtein30 gCholesterol10 mg Vitamin A0 %Calcium15 %Vitamin C0 %Iron0 %