gardening = hungry??

Options
why is it every time after I finish working outside I feel like I am starving and end up eating everything in sight. It does not happen after a walk or time on the elliptical, just after gardening type activities, I just came in after weeding for about 3 hours and ended up eating about 600 calories, I am feeling full now but still am craving like crazy.

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    It might be because gardening is quite energetic and you are taking in lots of fresh air. It does seem to burn lots of calories. I worked for a couple of hours in my garden this afternoon and when I came into the house drank a couple of glasses of water and then made a cup of tea. That seemed to take the edge off my hunger although I admit I did also have a couple of biscuits with my tea!!
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Ahhh...gardening....(insert dreamy far off gaze here). I'm buried un 4 feet of snow and I am extremely jealous of you at this very moment! It may be that you are somewhat dehydrated. Sometimes we underestimate our need to hydrate when we are out in the sun working in the yard or gardens. And I know for sure that when I haven't drank enough water in a day I always seem to feel like I'm more hungry.

Jealous in Northern Michigan,

Sandi :flowerforyou: