1100 and I havent had dinner..

Options
aaubrey
aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
I have been doing this for 2 weeks now. I am not able to work out every day because of my life restrictions, but I do work out 3-5 days. Basically I have been eating healthy, but there is no way I can keep it at the 1200 calories. I have kept it in the ball park though and lost a couple pounds. Now, I have gained back a lb in 4 days and I havent done anything different and honestly I am freaking hungry. I have a desk job but I still walk around a lot and have a long walk from the parking lots. I am feeling very defeated right now honestly...:sad:

Replies

• aaubrey
    Options
    I have been doing this for 2 weeks now. I am not able to work out every day because of my life restrictions, but I do work out 3-5 days. Basically I have been eating healthy, but there is no way I can keep it at the 1200 calories. I have kept it in the ball park though and lost a couple pounds. Now, I have gained back a lb in 4 days and I havent done anything different and honestly I am freaking hungry. I have a desk job but I still walk around a lot and have a long walk from the parking lots. I am feeling very defeated right now honestly...:sad:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200 as well, however I usually eat about that I am finding that sometimes I will go over:explode: . I eat like an apple in the afternoon and those 100 cal packs of like every variety so I stay low and still can eat. I also drink only water or diet drinks like diet Arizona tea or I drink tea in the morning, which does curb my wanting of a waonderful iced latte from D and D but it helps make my tummy stop growling.:drinker: I also do slim fast every morning, you would think I would sick of it but no not yet. Those are only 190 and I eat like a nutri grain fruit bar with it and then go work out. Did any of this help?:smile:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink alot of warm tea during the day...
    Especially before a meal...that keeps me from eating so much and I can save a few extra calories for dinner time when I seem to be hungry the most
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    Don't let yourself feel defeated. I know it's tough....believe me. But you're off to a great start. Your weight is going to fluctuate sometimes but the key is don't get discouraged and don't give up. I'm sure all of us have been on tons of diets because we diet instead of changing our lifestyle...that's what I've done now. It's not just a way to get me thin...this is something that I'll do forever to keep me healthy. Just keep at it. 1200 calories doesn't seem like very much (and it's not), but there are ways to stretch them by choosing the right foods when you can. I used to avoid "fat free" foods because they didn't taste as good...but I've come to realize that the sacrifice is worth it if I get to play on the floor with my kids...or all of the other things I wish I could do if I were smaller. What I was told to do when I started this journey is to write down 100 things that I would like to do when I'm thinner...and whenever I feel discouraged, I bring it out and remind myself. You've come this far...please don't give up.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if you are not understimating your exercise calories? Are you able to get or even borrow a Heart rate monitor and see how many calories you burn during the day? I can not imagine that with a family ,a job and all your other obligations you are only allowed 1200 calories? That is for a couch potatoe, who's exercise is to change the channel. I only mowed my gras for 45 minutes ( well it was uphill but still) it gave me over 600 exercise calories. (and no it was not with the riding mower:laugh: ) I am wondering if you are not eating too little? If you eat healthy food, like lean protein, complex carbs and fruits and veggies you shouldn't be hungry at all.
    Did you read the post from Banks about the newbies read me 2nd edition? It opened my eyes, I have been here for about 6 weeks now and I feel great, I have more energie and don't hurt at all.
    I hope this helps:drinker:
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    ...and if you want, I can share some of my favorite lower calorie recipes for some great food.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    it's tough.. Every little snack adds up.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to start the day at 5pm. I have to change the date until tomorrow in order to put in dinner, but it's not a big deal. And now when I run short it's during the day when I'm occupied and I can "white knuckle" my way until 5. I also don't mind so much having a very light lunch.

I used to run short of calories late in the day and have to have a meager dinner and that was it until morning and I just couldn't make it. I was doomed.

I hope this helps.
  • aaubrey
    Options
    I am wondering if you are not understimating your exercise calories? Are you able to get or even borrow a Heart rate monitor and see how many calories you burn during the day? I can not imagine that with a family ,a job and all your other obligations you are only allowed 1200 calories? That is for a couch potatoe, who's exercise is to change the channel. I only mowed my gras for 45 minutes ( well it was uphill but still) it gave me over 600 exercise calories. (and no it was not with the riding mower:laugh: ) I am wondering if you are not eating too little? If you eat healthy food, like lean protein, complex carbs and fruits and veggies you shouldn't be hungry at all.
    Did you read the post from Banks about the newbies read me 2nd edition? It opened my eyes, I have been here for about 6 weeks now and I feel great, I have more energie and don't hurt at all.
    I hope this helps:drinker:

I kinda looked online at them. The website has me burning like 200 calories when I run 3 miles 3 xs a week, then I do pilates 2 -3 xs a week plus cleaning and yard work and running around. I will admit I didnt eat GREAT this weekend. Which HRM do you suggest?
    And I would love some yummy recipes
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if your extra pound could be water? Have you gone over your calories by 3500 calories over the last four days? If so, then it is a true pound of weight gain. If not, then it's probably water retention which could be due to many, many factors. GL. I'm also on the 1200 cal plan and I find it very difficult to stick with my calories if I don't exercise, so I understand where you're coming from.:flowerforyou:
  • aaubrey
    Options
    we went to outback for DH bday, I ate a salad with blue cheese on the side, the small fillet with steamed veggies and splurged on some awesome blossom. ate a piec of bday cake. Other than that nothing too crazy. no exercise though over the weekend expcept cleaning the bejesus out of the house sunday. it could be water...i dont know i am just feeling a little bipolar about the whole thing. I think I really need to get the HRM ad see where I REALLy am for the exercise. I got so hungry yesterday that I got a migraine and then stuffed my face with turkey burger...it was yummy though:)
  • aaubrey
    Options
    we went to outback for DH bday, I ate a salad with blue cheese on the side, the small fillet with steamed veggies and splurged on some awesome blossom. ate a piec of bday cake. Other than that nothing too crazy. no exercise though over the weekend expcept cleaning the bejesus out of the house sunday. it could be water...i dont know i am just feeling a little bipolar about the whole thing. I think I really need to get the HRM ad see where I REALLy am for the exercise. I got so hungry yesterday that I got a migraine and then stuffed my face with turkey burger...it was yummy though:)
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Also, don't forget the sodium content of a lot of restaurant foods, which contribute to water retention. Give it a couple of days and weigh again. Try not to be too down (easier said than done.) Eat something light for dinner, put a period and move on!:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that you have cut back to too big a deficit. YOu don't have that much too lose--1200 calories a day is not enough and too big a deficit. You should probably be looking to try to lose maybe 1/2 pound a week, which will give you more calories per day. If you're not getting enough calories, you will cause your body to keep every single calorie you put in your body.

I suggest you go back and up your intake and see how that works.
  • gabi_ele
    Options
    I don't have a HRM yet ( you might be able to go to a sporting goods store and see what they have and what you would like) but I go to www.caloriesperhour.com and look up what they sugest untill I get the finances to buy one. I could tell you what I eat during a normal day if that would help. I start my morning out with coffee and a light yogurt and 1.5 cups of cereal ( I use the yogurt instead of milk, like it better ) that's around 300 calories and keeps me moving til about 12. Then I'l have a low carb wrap, preferably whole wheat with lean lunchmeat like chicken or turkey breast or pastramy, lean ham, roast beef or on my exercise days I'll have steak umms. I eat a salad with that ( low cal dressing) or I also love the onion and bell pepper recipe beginnings( that runs anywhere from 300 to 400 calories, depending on the wrap you get). If I get hungry bevore dinner I'll have some fruit or maybe a low fat low cal pudding. For dinner I'll have 1/2 plate full of veggies 1/4 of rice or pasta or starch and 1/4 for lean meat like pork loin , chicken breast, fish or beef. Depending on what I have left on calories I will have low cal ice cream (130 cal. per half cup) or some more fruit with peanutbutter , all depends on what I have a craving for.
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    If you eat COMPLETELY healthy, like everything organic, low sugar and low fat, with lots of protein and no processed or refined foods, it actually can be a chore trying to meet all 1200 calories a day.

When I eat absolutely healthy, (3 meals a day and 2 snacks square snacks) I naturally only eat 750 to 850 calories a day... Realizing this, I usually have to dump a ton of olive oil on my dinner.

Because the our family refrigerator is all natural, health conscious stuff, I think the only person in the family that can naturally eat 1,2000 is my father.
  • troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Options
    The polar heart rate monitor (f4 model) is great. It will tell you exactly how many calories you burn while wearing it. The only downside is you have to get used to wearing the strap around your chest. If you are looking for true accuracy, I would recommend a heart rate monitor. I bought mine on ebay for around 75.00.
  • aaubrey
    Options
    I am a snacker...lets see today I had:

Bagel 270
    ww cream cheese (1/2 pack)30
    newton 100 calorie bar uh 100 :)
    ww fruit turkey veggie dinner 350
    hershey bar (it was one of those days) 230
    gold fish 1/2 serving 70
    lean cuisine orange chicken 260
    green beans 20
    light orange tangerine juice 30
    I read it and it doesnt seem like much but I feel like I am eating too much (i know the hershey bar didnt help but it may have saved a life):explode:
  • gabi_ele
    Options
    I know what you mean, I have low fat pudding when I get that way or turkey hill moose tracks light ice cream. it has 130 cal for half a cup and I think I'm in heaven and don't feel deprived at all. Also I make a salad out of iceberg, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes and whatever else I like ( celery , carrots, corn, kidney beans....) or I'll have some veggies already ready in the fridge, that way if I get hungry I can just get me something to hold me over till the next meal. I don't care for watermelon but that is one great snack for people trying to loose weight. I also drink chrystal light( I know I know) and that helps me with keeping me satisfied.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Try reading this--might help you understand why bumping up what you're eating might help you lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi