so just did a net calorie report.... UGH.. im really below

Options
And I thought I was doing ok... eating half my exercise calories back.. but my net calories are only equaling 800-1000 calories... URGH!!! Could this be the reason for my weight loss stall?? I have only lost 1 pound in 3 weeks!!

Replies

• tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    yup your body will cling to that weight...I had this problem, then lowered my weight loss goal to one pound a week so I'm eating more and it seems to be helping.
  • sl0327
    sl0327 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have read in MANY places that when you fall below 1200 calories, your body heads to starvation mode. Recently, I found that I was burning over 2000 per day, but was only eating 1200, and the deficit was too big. I am only trying to lose a few pounds, and the couple hundred extra on the deficit side was hurting me.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I was JUST gonna post on your status re: eating more. :( Start eating more and I bet youll see a drop on the scale in the next two weeks. It wont happen overnight, but when you feed your body what it needs, it will respond :)
    Just be glad you caught it now and knew what to look for, and that you know you can enjoy more food :)
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Let me say that starvation mode or not, I DO NOT CONDONE SUCH LOW CALORIC INTAKE, but that said... if you're not feeling like you can do a higher daily caloric goal, then switch it up one or two days a week and add enough to up your goal to 14 or 1500 and see if that doesn't help you. If you're good with making a daily switch to a caloric intake then do that. Ultimately only you know what is good for you so don't trust anyone, but try out some different things. The confusion aspect also applies to your exercise routine. If you do the same thing in the same order all the time your body will get accustomed to it and it will become less effective. Try switching up your workout routine too and see if that doesn't help.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have yet to reach a net of 1200 calories and I am still losing.......my take on it is you need to listen to your own body. I tried eating back my exercise calories, even jsut half and it made me feel awful. I strive for 1000 to 1200 calores a day and just leave it at that.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have yet to reach a net of 1200 calories and I am still losing.......my take on it is you need to listen to your own body. I tried eating back my exercise calories, even jsut half and it made me feel awful. I strive for 1000 to 1200 calories a day and just leave it at that.
    What do you eat for 1200 calories a day and not feel hungry? I was playing with my settings to see what it would be if I set it for 2lbs a week and it put me down to 1200. I'm only at 1530 right now but I can't imagine eating so little food. Plus I need to eat every 2-3 hours to maintain my blood sugar (hypoglycemic) and I become a raving lunatic if I don't (low blood sugar literally affects my entire personality in a bad bad way).

Right now I try to eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner at about 400 calories and 3 snacks of 100 calories in between.