How do you excersize when....

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
Seriously...How do you do cardio 4 times a week when you have litterally not enough time to do it unless you dont sleep!? UGH

Current mood: Extremely Frustrated

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Options
    Seriously...How do you do cardio 4 times a week when you have litterally not enough time to do it unless you dont sleep!? UGH

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Get up really early...
    I hit the treadmill for 30-35 min at about 6"30 am....not a lot but better than nothing

Kim
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I get up early too, around 4:30 am. I dance to a fast oldies CD in my living room for a half hour. I also take a couple of walks before work.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    wow! I feel like I am just falling asleep around then...hehe...yes Im deffinatley a night owl...not partying or anything...I just don't feel physically active in the morning.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    well how about exercising after you get home before dinner? or since you probably have a while between dinner and bedtime, since you're a night owl, then somewhere in the evening, after you've given ur dinner plenty of time to digest? or even like an hour or so before bed? :smile:
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    well how about exercising after you get home before dinner? or since you probably have a while between dinner and bedtime, since you're a night owl, then somewhere in the evening, after you've given ur dinner plenty of time to digest? or even like an hour or so before bed? :smile:
    Is it bad to workout right before bed? I do most of the time...but It makes it much harder to fall asleep
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Tell us about your schedule - everyone can squeeze in an hour if they make it a priority!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    umm idk, some ppl say it's not good to exercise before bed, but i say if it means you'll get it in if you do it before bed vs not exercising, then i say, go for it. also, as fat as still being wound before bed, i would often do yoga after exercise before going to bed:smile:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    You have to make it a priority.
    I get up at 430, shower, eat, go to the gym, get home by 615 for my first round of kids coming in. At 710, I load up kids, go to the mall, walk for 2 miles pushing a double stroller and yelling at kids to run (LOL) then come back home for the next round of kids to come in.
    Then I have to do preschool, clean the house, laundry, make lunch and finally the wonderful naptime comes around when I can sit and breath..or go to the bathroom without being yelled at.

I don't have to go to the gym, or go for a walk..but for me it has to be a priority for ME! I deserve it!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I understand the hating mornings. I usally go right after work, Also golds has great classes and I have to make sure i make it in time for them. I am sure you could fit in an hour, you have to make it a part of you life style or it wont ever happen.
    Also some days I just workout at work. I am a nanny and they have a tread mill at work that on the rare occasion everyone naps i can get in a half hour or I just pack everyone up and we go for a long walk, there is a park about a mile from there house.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    As we know, exericse revs the metabolism, cardiovascular system, nervous system, etc. You want that revved up in the morning, and then quieted down at night, as the body gets ready to repair while you sleep.

Could you give mornings at try? There are many benefits to exericising first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. What if you went to bed early one night, and then the next day got up early to workout, and try doing that every day for a week (getting up at the same time)???

You can do it!!!
    :flowerforyou: