Pasta Question???????

Options
2 ounces of dry pasta is how many ounces cooked? I know that 2 ounces dry is about 1 cup cooked but I would like to weigh it to get a better measure? The only way that I can think of to do it is to cook my pasta seperately from the rest and that's kinda a waste of time and a pot!!!

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    2 ounces of dry pasta is how many ounces cooked? I know that 2 ounces dry is about 1 cup cooked but I would like to weigh it to get a better measure? The only way that I can think of to do it is to cook my pasta seperately from the rest and that's kinda a waste of time and a pot!!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    how many ounces do you usually cook? weigh it bevore you cook them, and after and devide. For instance if you would cook 16 oz. weigh them in a bowl after cooking and divide it by 8 that would give you the weight of 2 oz cooked. hope that helped
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    search the forum for pasta servings--someone asked this a few weeks back and someone knew how much the dry amount worked out to when it was cooked, so you could weigh it after cooking that way.
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    i weighed out 2 oz of dry whole wheat linguine then cooked it. After cooking that 2 oz of pasta weighed 6 oz....don't know if other pastas will weigh more or less but i hope this helps!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Here's the info--I searched and found it and cut-n-pasted it below

=============================================================

This should help!!...so basially 2 ounces of pasta = 1 cup cooked.

Dry Pasta vs. Cooked Pasta Measurements

8 oz. uncooked small to medium pasta shapes = 4 cups cooked
    Examples: Elbow macaroni, Medium Shells, Rotini, Twists, Spirals, Wagon Wheels, Bow Ties, Mostaccioli, Penne, Ziti, Radiatore, Rigatoni
    8 oz. uncooked long pasta shapes or a 1 1/2-inch diameter bunch = 4 cups cooked
    Examples: Spaghetti, Angel Hair, Linguine, Vermicelli, Fettuccine
    8 oz. uncooked egg noodles = 2 1/2 cups cooked
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help guys!!!!