Oral fixation

Options
Hello. I am new to this site and have a little preoccupation that has been bothering me for a while.

I have an oral fixation and always find myself needing to eat something. I don't really know how to control it and was wondering if any of you have a remedy for this other that chewing gum (not a good option for me). Thanks!

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. Eating, smoking, pen-chewing...none of them good options. I have at least managed to quit smoking but I chew on all kinds of random things if I'm not paying attention. :)
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    I wish my problem was chewing up pencils and such ;D Well, thanks anyway!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this site and have a little preoccupation that has been bothering me for a while.

I have an oral fixation and always find myself needing to eat something. I don't really know how to control it and was wondering if any of you have a remedy for this other that chewing gum (not a good option for me). Thanks!

Chew a pen. Or a straw.
  • mariea1171
    mariea1171 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    breath mints, jello( sugar free). watermelon, cataloupe, water water & water, savor a diet soda, anything to keep me from eating useless calories.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hmm..

Carrots, celery and a water bottle.

My other suggestion is not appropriate for public viewing. :laugh:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hmm..

Carrots, celery and a water bottle.

My other suggestion is not appropriate for public viewing. :laugh:

I knew I liked you.
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    Apple Cinnamon Cherrios.... 3/4 of a cup is only 120calories and i eat them one by one and i like to break them in half (like a little bitty bagel) when i eat them. It gives my mouth and "activity" while I am at work with not a lot of calories and 3/4 of a cup is a lot of little cheerios. They carry well in a purse, I eat them everywhere. Good Luck.:smile:
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    this is why twizzlers are so dang ADDICTIVE! they have the *perfect* texture. but they're like 40 calories and a tsp of sugar a pop. bad, bad, bad.

you know they sell chewy stixx for kids with oral sensory issues that are non toxic and bph free. if you think it's that bad. =)
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    I'm gonna invest in breath mints :D I love those!
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    Lol! I think I better go with carrots XD
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    I think this might be the best solution. And cheerios are quite popular in this household!