WIDRT-What I Did Right Today

Options
A long time ago, in what truly feels like another life, I lost 100 pounds and wore a size 4. I did that with the help of a group of people who didn't take any crap or any whining about why I couldn't get the job done. The thread focused only on what we did that was positive and helpful to reach our goals, in other words, "What I did right today." I've been searching for something like it for a really long time. I love "My Fitness Pal" and I'm really hoping there are people out there that want to focus on meeting their goals every day. We called it "getting our three points". The three points were: meeting our calorie goals, meeting our fitness goals and drinking enough water to float a small schooner (I've always wanted to say schooner in a sentence).

So, in the spirit of putting down all of the things I did right today, I will say that I did an hour and 20 minutes of Spinning, where I actually broke the weld on the seat and had to salvage another seat from a broken bike. I didn't leave the class--actually didn't even think of it as an option, which surprised the instructor. I ate within my caloric range and I have a fairly good deficit for today which makes me very happy. I always drink a ton of water and I read an Ayurvedic medicine book that said for weight loss you should drink water with lime squeezed in it, which I have been doing lately as well. So I have my three points for today.

Currently I have 60 pounds to lose, but I'm keeping my head about it. I have to focus on small successes or else I get overwhelmed.

Anyone else get three points today?

Replies

• kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Love this thread. I rode my road bike on the stationary trainer for 60 minutes and I haven't gone over on any of my intakes today.
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I would have to say at the top of my list for things I did right today would be that I finished at ridiculous workout without whining. I have steered clear of my nemesis..sugar, and I have had at least 40oz of water today (a lot more than I usually drink by this time of day). All in all its been a pretty good day!

:flowerforyou: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • puella_mea
    puella_mea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes m'am! I did volunteer natural habitat restoration, which is a heck of a workout. I'm well under my carb intake (South Beach) and my calories look good, too even with dinner yet to be eaten. As for water, I'm still working on that, so my 16oz is an achievement for sure.

I like this thread!
  • mikjenna
    mikjenna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to try and post something motivational every day, so here goes. . .

I love Victoria Moran. She's written terrific books about the mindset of losing weight. We all know how important it is to reprogram our inner voice to be positive--most especially when we're trying to lose weight.

Victoria Moran says to phase out fat days. Be beautiful right now. "If you wait until you are thin to feel beautiful you may never get there." Instead of thinking about how your life will be amazing once you get thin, start making it amazing now and food will lose focus. In that vein, I am registering to take a certification course to be a Spin Instructor. I love cycling and Spinning and I'm sick and tired of waiting until I have the perfect body to take the class and start teaching. I can out-ride most of the instructors I have right now and I've cycled all over the country at every weight I've been. The heck with the perfect body. . .I'm doing it now! The class is in the beginning of April.

What I did right today so far. . .I made a huge pot of steel cut oats that I have ready for breakfast all week. I weighed myself and lost another 3 pounds. My plans for today include a wog (walk/jog) on the treadmill and some meal planning/cooking for the week.

I'm also wondering what your Blammo moment was. The moment when you realized that it was time to lose the weight and take action.

My "Blammos" have been a series of small epiphanies. The first happened when my four year old and I were driving home from my mother's and step father's house. They are very unhealthy. My daughter says to me, "Mommy, at least you're not as fat as Nanee and Grandpa Tom." I shivered because I think I had been deluding myself that because I'm active and buy fairly healthy food that I was in ok shape. GAH. That was definitely a wake up call. The other small moments have come while I'm meeting and spending time with healthy, fit people and realizing that they don't get to eat whatever they want whenever they want either. The final straw was just realizing how miserable I make myself when I'm not living and eating (and feeding my family) the way I know I should.

Have a Great Day!
  • alwaysvegan
    alwaysvegan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    D'oh, I wish this was a current thread - I searched WIDRT hoping to find this positivity here. I was in the same group and lost 40 pounds at the time - no whining, no excuses, no enabling - just doing the work and staying in the day (sometimes the moment). Miss the contagious do-righters!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I turned down chocolate cake (one of my two severe weaknesses - the other is popcorn) at lunch; I turned down cookies as an afternoon snack; and I stayed within my calorie goals today :smile:

I think that to succeed we all need to teach ourselves this skill: be positive. Reward yourself (not with food). Give yourself credit for every step you've taken to reach your goal. If you fall down 7 times, get up 8. Help others keep a positive outlook, too. And treat yourself as you would a good friend.
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    We could revive it, it sounds like an awesome idea!

WIDRT:
    --I avoided (for the second day in a row) the brownies and cookies languishing in the breakroom.
    --And the pastries that showed up this AM too.
    --I did my workout after work even though I didn't want to.
    --I stuck to water only, no alcohol.
    --And I am under my calorie goal for today!
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    three stars today!
    1. resisted boredom eating
    2. stayed within calorie goal
    3. got out of my warm bed to go off to the gym right now! *bonus point* for convincing my boyfriend to go workout with me ;)
  • 3grrrls
    3grrrls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WIDRT:

1. Ate a good breakfast and lunch
    2. Got on my exercise bike when I would have rather relaxed after an extra long day

I did plenty of things wrong today, but why focus on that? I choose to focus on the good choices I've made today.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    1. Stayed well under my calorie goal
    2. Worked out at the gym, and even upped my time on the rower by 10 minutes
    3. Pre-made a nice healthy salad for lunch tomorrow
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    1. Worked out this AM instead of sleeping in
    2. Stayed under calorie goal
    3. Still didn't eat that holiday candy at my desk, and actually added to the candy stack. Bah.
  • Kath4harr
    Kath4harr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can we make this thread current? I was WDRT lady on another site also and I have been searching for something to replace this. I’m not an eloquent writer but I find listing the things I did right changes my mindset and makes me search for things to be successful in. Not just with weight loss but with being and doing better things. So I’m gonna jump in here:
    Doing yoga and a walk today.
    Had avocado and tomatoes with my breakfast

I’ll write more later!
  • Kath4harr
    Kath4harr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lots of healthy food- tomatoes, avocado, spinach, beans, rice,

Wanted to eat so badly tonight because DS and DH are arguing- instead I took a long soak in the tub and cleaned the kitchen.