Anybody else feel sick after eating junk food?

Options
Now that I have been watching what I eat, when I eat anything buger-joint related, I just feel like I want to throw up. Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• snowydog
    Options
    Yeah ... felt good eating it at the time, was a good idea - but then is disgusting after.... makes me feel sick and bloated.... then the usual - "why did I eat that?" line...
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I wish :laugh:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Not during, but after I do.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    YES I have ate somethings over the last few weeks and felt terrible afterwards. Not just sick to my stomach but so full that I just want to sleep and NO ENERGY!!! It really is amazing that once you get the junk food out of your system how you realize how terrible it really makes you feel!!!
  • snowydog
    Options
    YES I have ate somethings over the last few weeks and felt terrible afterwards. Not just sick to my stomach but so full that I just want to sleep and NO ENERGY!!! It really is amazing that once you get the junk food out of your system how you realize how terrible it really makes you feel!!!

Soo true - it's just so hard to get it out of your system...

I remember one day about 2 years ago I decided to just stop eating crap, and gave up Diet Coke (which I was addicted to)......

I started running at least 4 times a week..

I honestly ave never felt that good in my life.... I slept better, I had loadsss more energy and I was nice and slim - I was sooo happy...

Now I'm back to the junk food, diet coke and hardly sleep - and I feel absolutely rotten....
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not all the time but sometimes yes. If i eat too much i get really bad stomach cramps.
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    Yeah ... felt good eating it at the time, was a good idea - but then is disgusting after.... makes me feel sick and bloated.... then the usual - "why did I eat that?" line...
    That is exactly the feeling I am talking about, the whopper tasted so good when I was eating it, but afterward on the drive home, my stomach just started to turn.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Not really, but I haven't had anything all THAT bad yet since I started losing weight and eating cleaner (not perfectly clean, but cleaner for sure). The thought of eating a cheeseburger or other such item out sounds good at first, but then I start thinking how junky it is, and push it out of my mind.

I REALLY didn't want to start working on dinner when I got home from work tonight, but after considering my alternatives (most of them bad), I went ahead and fixed a decent dinner.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I work in a mall where fast food is the only real option as the one 'fresh' deli place has disgusted me with their lack of food safety so I have decided to just prepare and bring all my own foods from home...

Yeah, sometimes a co-worker walks by with fries, they smell great, every once in a while I'll snag one, and literally as it goes in all I can taste is like a wax covering the inside of my mouth... And my body has so adjusted to the right things that i don't just feel sick, I actually get sick... EVERY TIME!

Do your bodiy a favor and forget that fast food even exists... I have found purse foods that work really well to tide me over until I can get home and eat.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Ooooh yeah. I've had a few unhealthy foods in the last month....but Valentines and around there was the worst. Eating an unhealthy dinner, followed up by chocolate. Ugh...it's took me three days to start to feel normal again. I felt so drained, tried, cranky and just horrible. Not fun. SO not worth it either! =(
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I eat veggie burgers so I feel great.

But if I was eating "bugers", I'd feel sick too :laugh:

ON a serious note, it's good you get sick. That food is no good. It's better to make it yourself at home.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean with minimal dairy, but last night I had a big cheese quesadilla and MAN did it mess me up... I swore I was coming down with s stomach bug it was so bad. I definitely learned my lesson from that one...
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I haven't had any fast food in 6 months. I know my guy gets sick when he eats it though and he isn't even trying a healthier lifestyle!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This is why I am trying to stay away from them. They make me sick all night long and it is horrible. I take it as a blessing in disguise
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    During the first six months of losing all that weight I was that way. As of right now most of the fast food crap is crap but there are a few burger joints I go to enjoy a nice and juicy double cheeseburger with bacon. :D
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Uhhh, I'm definitely feeling that right now! Mine isn't from fast food, it's from potato chips. I feel god awful, not from eating way to much, but mostly from how few good nutrients are in them.

It's hard to cut out chips when your boy toy is a sales rep for frito lay *siiiighhh*. Want to buy some will power.
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    I eat veggie burgers so I feel great.

But if I was eating "bugers", I'd feel sick too :laugh:

ON a serious note, it's good you get sick. That food is no good. It's better to make it yourself at home.
    I do normally cook everything at home, except for the days I am running late, then normally it's a trip to Jimmy Johns (JJ BLT, yes, the sodium is bad, but i split the sammy and it lasts me for two meals), but this last week I had several issues with my truck (including a very bad flat at work) and I (at 29 years old) had to call my dad to help me out with it, and he brought the burger for lunch for me since he knew i spent my lunch break trying to locate a tire for it, and not being able to get anywhere to get lunch, after he came all that way, i didn't have the heart to tell him that i really don't eat anything like that anymore. i guess getting to sit and visit with my dad and have a lunch together (even if it is drive through, since it does make his day to get to help us kids out, so he says, keeping in mind he is 70 but looks like he's 60 and acts like he's in his 50's) makes up for it in a way. i just have no desire to even go to most burger places on my own...... unless its Steak n Shake, then the grilled chicken guacamole is my total weakness
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    Uhhh, I'm definitely feeling that right now! Mine isn't from fast food, it's from potato chips. I feel god awful, not from eating way to much, but mostly from how few good nutrients are in them.

It's hard to cut out chips when your boy toy is a sales rep for frito lay *siiiighhh*. Want to buy some will power.

OH NO!