Avocado Shake!

Options
pkgirrl
pkgirrl Posts: 587
This might sound a little weird, but a Thai place near my work makes them and they're amazing! The only problem is the ton of condensed milk they pour into them, (not to mention the price, they sure add up fast) so I set out to make my own at home. If you like avocado you should seriously give this a try, I know it might sound odd, but it's so yummy and creamy I swear you'll love it!

50g avocado (roughly half of a small one)
3/4c skim milk
1tbsp evaporated milk
1-2 packets sweetener (I used stevia and found 1.5 was just perfect)
lots of ice
1/4c water

Just throw it all in a blender and blend till smooth. I can't wait till summer so I can make these for my friends in place of the usual patio cocktails =)

Replies

• pkgirrl
    Options
    Ooops!

Comes in at 162cal, 15g carbs, 8g fat, 8g protein.
  • eteezie
    eteezie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe - I love avocado, so I will definitely try it!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of greenmonstermovement.com ? you should submit this to them- A bunch of people who love veggie (usually spinach) based smoothies- I bet they would love this!
  • loveandprideforever
    Options
    This sounds absolutely delicious. I was just speaking with my grandmother this afternoon about how much I love avacados (I was actually eating one and she had never tried one, the tasting happened and then the teaching of the NUTRIENT PACKED food). I really look forward to trying this and if it needed to be healthier, you could use evaporated skim milk or nonfat sweetened condensed milk. Just an idea!
    Thanks for the tip!
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thank you!
  • loveandprideforever
    Options
    GREAT recommendation! This is a beautiful site and a wonderful movement! :love:
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of greenmonstermovement.com ? you should submit this to them- A bunch of people who love veggie (usually spinach) based smoothies- I bet they would love this!

The Avocado Shake does sound good and I bet it would be even better with some spinach in it. Hmm...
  • pkgirrl
    Options
    Haha aww, I hope you guys like it! I've tried it once with a little bit of vanilla extract too, I found the vanilla overpowered the avocado a bit, but it was pretty awesome if it were meant to be a vanilla milkshake! And much healthier haha.